It's Never Been Easier To Purchase An International Truck

kscarbel2

3 hours ago, Maxidyne said:

True- I haven't seen prices that low on late model class 8 Internationals, but if it has the Navistar/MAN engine it tends to have the worst resale of any truck brand.

Which is odd because I have not heard much bad about the A26.  Bad sentiment from the MaxxForce days?

27 minutes ago, kscarbel2 said:

I don't know about that. Today's market doesn't look back very far.

I think the retail buyer still remembers all the problems with the Maxxforce engines, at the wholesale level they know everyone had emissions systems problems but they price it in anyways. But those trucks have clearly been tough to remarket- Why else would Navistar dump them in Vietnam?

Edited by Maxidyne

20 minutes ago, fjh said:

Yup remember everybody is saddled with the same rubbish to add on to meet  the emissions , Must be some other stigma! ? Maybe the VW People Are Evil !?🤪

Navistar tried to meet EPA 2010 standards without DEF, and it was a disaster. Most of the used truck buyers don't follow the markets and still think it's International, have never heard of Navistar or NAV, and know nothing of the Traxon/VW Group acquisition.

8 hours ago, Maxidyne said:

Navistar tried to meet EPA 2010 standards without DEF, and it was a disaster. Most of the used truck buyers don't follow the markets and still think it's International, have never heard of Navistar or NAV, and know nothing of the Traxon/VW Group acquisition.

Agreed that most American operators don't know of Traton. However, many know Navistar reintroduced Cummins power, making the EGR engines past history. Now, on road fleets are operating A26s with no more issues than the competition's engines have (e.g. Volvo, Paccar).

• Like 1

I remember back in '80-'81 is was awfully easy to buy an International.  Walk in front of an IH dealer and the salesmen would grab you and lock you into some S series.  Wouldn't let you out until you signed the sales contract.  Wasn't that bad of a truck but still........ 

We had a lot of them.  Early gas engine mediums, severe service dumps with DT466's, and a few Cummins powered tandems with cranes on them.  Tough, trouble free trucks, particularly with the non-electronic 466's.  Best wipers of any truck I have ever driven, thanks to that flat windshield.

Remember those short-nose S series tractors with the really wide cabs?

18 hours ago, kscarbel2 said:

I was at first leery of the cheaper-for-IH-to-build S Series range, however  they proved to be solid trucks worthy of respect.

They were a Great Truck. We had Heaps of them Down here. in All configurations right up until the late '90's (99 I think)

S2670 | Craig R | Flickr

S/Line | Craig R | Flickr

atkinson3800's most interesting Flickr photos | Picssr

International - Dealer Used Truck Sales in Queensland, Australia ...

Mike keeps the trucks moving | Big Rigs

INTERNATIONAL. S-LINE. With a Dolly & Quad-Axle Float. Australian ...

INTERNATIONAL. S-LINE. Tripple-A-Train. AUSTRALIAN ARMY. | Road ...

• Like 2

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

Gotta agree with Hayseed, and as ,uch as it pains me to say it they rode better and were much more comfortable to drive than a R model 

And with big Cummins motors 350-400 they were just as good as any E6 Mack motor

They also had those high torque Cummins with I think eith a Eaton or Spicer 6 speed  to compete with a Maxidyne, I dont think they sold many though

But for many years the S line and it's unidentical twin the T line were everywhere in Australia  

Paul 

• Like 1