Battery Box options

I've been searching the site, but i can't find what I'm looking for.

i know someone here bought aftermarket lower battery boxes from PAI. They had to drill a couple holes to for the airtank brackets to work,  but otherwise was almost a perfect fit, but I think they were for an R or RW. I really can't remember. 

I'm needing a set for my MH and the dealers are pretty proud of these boxes. I need lower boxes and covers. Hoping someone has the part number for theres. @Vladislav @AZB755V8 @Mack Technician or anyone else, thank you

I have had good luck with MH parts at Mack. Even got new windshields and gasket for reasonable price. Yes the prices are list but I have a relationship with a counter guy or two and get 15-20% off. Have to look but the lower box maybe MH specific. The tops are the same as most R models, with several finish options.  Unless yours are really bad weld a 3/16" plat in the bottom and let it go, buy new tops, that is what everyone sees anyway.

• Like 1

I was hoping to patch my old ones, but unfortunately they are to far gone. And since I need to replace both air tanks, I figure I'd go back new with everything and be done.

Yes, I saw the list price on the lower boxes today lol...whoooowe. i had to set down for a minute. 

No one said Mack stuff was cheap. Most of it is built well but rust and corrosion protection was not a high priority until they started to galvanize R model metal cabs, fiberglass for the MH. All else was left to the elements. 

You want to play with the big dogs, buck-up. PAI has stuff but not everything. You can stay on the porch and whine like a school girl otherwise, or search for parts. I am constantly looking. LOL 

There are a few here that have parts but this is not the place for everything you may need. Some really good advise here as well.

You ain't  messing with a Yugo here. Good used parts are fine to, just have to find them which is half the fun of keeping these trucks road worthy if your's is a hobby truck. Work truck, got to have the parts now to keep them working and pay the price.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AZB755V8 said:

No one said Mack stuff was cheap. Most of it is built well but rust and corrosion protection was not a high priority until they started to galvanize R model metal cabs, fiberglass for the MH. All else was left to the elements. 

You want to play with the big dogs, buck-up. PAI has stuff but not everything. You can stay on the porch and whine like a school girl otherwise, or search for parts. I am constantly looking. LOL 

There are a few here that have parts but this is not the place for everything you may need. Some really good advise here as well.

You ain't  messing with a Yugo here. Good used parts are fine to, just have to find them which is half the fun of keeping these trucks road worthy if your's is a hobby truck. Work truck, got to have the parts now to keep them working and pay the price.

Yep. And honestly I'm searching high and low for the odd ball obsolete things I need. I've had a good amount of success so far

9 hours ago, snowman_w900 said:

I've been searching the site, but i can't find what I'm looking for.

i know someone here bought aftermarket lower battery boxes from PAI. They had to drill a couple holes to for the airtank brackets to work,  but otherwise was almost a perfect fit, but I think they were for an R or RW. I really can't remember. 

I'm needing a set for my MH and the dealers are pretty proud of these boxes. I need lower boxes and covers. Hoping someone has the part number for theres. @Vladislav @AZB755V8 @Mack Technician or anyone else, thank you

I just sold a set of lower boxes for R model but I have new tops. You able to send a pic of what yours looks like?

• Like 1

On 6/19/2020 at 9:05 PM, Ditchdiggerjcf said:

Is that the valueliner style? Superdogs run the same box?

No, these are for Estern trucks. Would fit R, DM, late RW and MH. Ealy Superdog, Cruiseliner and RS had wider tops and different bottoms either. You can't step on Western tops as was mentioned on here. Eastern ones set alog all the front and rear line so don't flip when you put your weight near the side.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012