Land Clearing

j hancock

On 4/5/2020 at 9:23 AM, j hancock said:

With some processing and screening the loam can even be made into smaller loam.

Too bad there is so much dirt mixed in with it...

Let's face it guys, today's technology is great..  Charge a guy a high price to drop off his stumps,  put them in your tub grinder, add dye and presto-that will be 35 bucks please for your your mulch!

• Like 2

Rocks lotsa rocks great for guys that do blasting, Derry paving used to blast and guy named Arthur Mc???? at Busby we did our own, I think i wore out a couple rock drills or maybe the other way but we shot rock all the time, owner sent me to Dupont blasting classes, lotsa fun. 

11 hours ago, Red Horse said:

Let's face it guys, today's technology is great..  Charge a guy a high price to drop off his stumps,  put them in your tub grinder, add dye and presto-that will be 35 bucks please for your your mulch

You mean 50 bucks, there telling customers it’s a natural product. 

56 minutes ago, PC68 said:

You mean 50 bucks, there telling customers it’s a natural product. 

Hah! and I should have noted- that is the per yard price.!  What blows my mind is the amount of mulch that gets sold here.  Seems like the big triaxle trailers used to come down from Maine.  A lot of  tub grinders working here these days.

13 hours ago, PC68 said:

Believe it or not I sell more black dyed mulch than the natural hemlock, I can’t understand why it’s so popular. The dyed mulch is crap metal chunks and all, not mention the smell, I guess the customer is always right. 

8E241DAF-90F5-4232-AC1A-3D5D38C4CA27.jpeg

Well anything is better than that red crap-but again different strokes  for different folks.  Local yard has their piles ready to go.  I'll pay attention now that you mention it to see what  pile shrinks the most.  When I need any (for my kids-not me) I go to the source...tell operator.."no teeth or finger nails please"...Hmnn  were tub grinders that common when Jimmy H disappeared?😎

• Like 1