Volkswagen Truck & Bus enhances 2020 line-up

kscarbel2

Volkswagen Truck & Bus Press Release  /  February 4, 2020

"Our trucks have conquered the market and are already preferred in their segments. Now they've gotten even better. These are the most anticipated releases of all. We started another year with the aim of continuing to make history in cargo transport," says Ricardo Alouche, vice president of Sales, Marketing and After-Sales at Volkswagen Truck & Bus.

The Delivery light/medium truck range gains new members and automated manual transmissions (AMT) makes its debut. The Constellation line, the market's favorite medium and heavy truck, evolves forward with a new external and internal look. And with the largest portfolio of vocational vehicles on the market, Volkswagen Truck & Bus adds new features to the "ready for any job" Robust model line-up.

Evolution of the best sellers

Brazil's best-selling light/medium truck continues to evolve. This time, the solution can generate an increase in operating profit of about 10%. It is the result that can be achieved with the new version of Delivery V-Tronic available on Delivery 9.170 and 11.180 models, which are already sales leaders in their categories. The two new V-Tronic Delivery models set themselves apart and above the competition with higher levels of comfort, safety and economy while having the highest total gross weight ratings of their segments.

The light truck line-up has also gained a new member with the Delivery 4.160, which replaces the 4.150. Evolution is part of Volkswagen's strategy of always being attentive to opportunities for greater operational gain for the customer. The result is seen in the new configuration: torque 18% higher and 6% more power than its competitors of the same category.

Increasingly complete family

A new year, new models in the family of favorite medium, heavy and extra-heavy trucks from the market. The Constellation line brings innovations in its two finishing packages. In the Prime line, durability, quiet atmosphere and plenty of comfort for longer trips are slogans. With functional design, the cabin brings news in the seats, coated with waterproof fabrics and equipped with pneumatic suspension.

Adjustable steering radio and column complete the attractions of the new package, which is available in extended versions, low ceiling bed and high ceiling.

In the Constellation line-up, the Robust range includes new novelties in appearance, trim and cab design. Synthetic leather seats, panel, floor and side doors with new sun shades for easy daily cleaning, plus the new cab color-matched short plastic bumper.

Another evolution is in the automated V-Tronic automated manual transmission (AMT) featured on the iconic Constellation 24.280. The result is maximum control and driveability in gear changes, reduction of fuel consumption of up to 3% in the fleet average with standardization of consumption and easier maneuvering at low speed and reverse.

VW Trucks and Buses has also expanded the vocational line with the all-new Constellation 32.360 8x4.

The VW Constellation 25.360 is now available with a high ceiling bed cabin, 16-speed V-Tronic automated manual transmission (AMT), Prime finish package. ZF 16-speed manual transmissions are offered as optional.

Photo 2.jpg

Photo 3.jpg

Photo 4.jpg

Well, I used to be more of a VW fan until recently. I bought brand new Jetta and a Tiguan Highline, paid them off first year. Dealer broke grill on Tiguan while doing an oil change. Then put the hoist right through the floor on my Jetta and tried to blame my wife. Told her she ran something over.

They wouldn't come good for anything so I called VW Canada and they just blew me off. I even had all kinds of pics documenting all the damage my dealer has done and all they could say was "sorry for your luck."

So I hope they don't bring that attitude to International, because on the car side they don't care about customers that buy two at a time and pay them off.

34 minutes ago, Bullheaded said:

Well, I used to be more of a VW fan until recently. I bought brand new Jetta and a Tiguan Highline, paid them off first year. Dealer broke grill on Tiguan while doing an oil change. Then put the hoist right through the floor on my Jetta and tried to blame my wife. Told her she ran something over.

They wouldn't come good for anything so I called VW Canada and they just blew me off. I even had all kinds of pics documenting all the damage my dealer has done and all they could say was "sorry for your luck."

So I hope they don't bring that attitude to International, because on the car side they don't care about customers that buy two at a time and pay them off.

To be fair, we used to have a Passat and never had any issues. It sounds like you've just got a really crappy dealer, and for all VW knows it is your fault because that's what the dealer told them, and now you're just trying to scam them out of money to pay for your mistake.

I know you're not but I'm just trying to give a different point of view.

Still I'd much rather have an old VW, especially one of their mini-bus based pickups...

Who needs a back yard when you could have a :mack1: Yard?!

Agreed, VW has some crappy dealers, but used to be that I seldom needed them. My 1979 only went back to a dealer once, good old school union shop that rebuilt the whole front end after it was hit while parked. The 1986 went back to the same dealer once for a timing belt check, old mechanic told me it looked like new and don't worry about it. The 2003 didn't go back to the dealer until it was 11 years old for warrantied rust repairs, service writer was amazed that it wasn't even in VW's database. The 2013 was another story, VW threw in the first 3 services and the Naples, Florida dealer maybe did the oil change. Got the tools and did the 40k miles DSG transmission fluid change myself, but was wearing tires like crazy so had to get an alignment in Florida. The Fort Meyers dealer proved just as incompetent as the Naples one, they managed to damage a camber adjusting eccentric bolt and then gave me a near thousand $$$ estimate to fix their mistake. Local indie shop fixed it for $100 and VW gave all us TDI owners an offer we couldn't refuse to buy the car back. Replaced with a 2015 TDI that at 36k miles has already been back to the dealer twice for warranty repair and sucking out some of the oil they overfilled.

Good one finding that ad with the Mack KS!! LOL. I wished they had brought the Amarok pickup here.

VW used to be very dependable. Used to be that the body would fall off before they ever broke. But the last several years they are using cheaper components.

Every oil change interval (which I do before their recommended mileage) I am replacing sway bar links.

And around 3 years they need control arm bushings. But my rural roads don't help either.

1 hour ago, Bullheaded said:

I wished they had brought the Amarok pickup here.

I wouldn't Bother, They're plagued with Electrical gremlins, Plus the Service cost & Parts Prices are pure "rape & Pillage" of the highest Order..

The same can be said of any vehicle from the Entire VGA stable..

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

2 hours ago, Bullheaded said:

Good one finding that ad with the Mack KS!! LOL. I wished they had brought the Amarok pickup here.

VW used to be very dependable. Used to be that the body would fall off before they ever broke. But the last several years they are using cheaper components.

Every oil change interval (which I do before their recommended mileage) I am replacing sway bar links.

And around 3 years they need control arm bushings. But my rural roads don't help either.

I drove the Amarok for a time in South Africa and really liked it.

Volkswagen used Macks in their advertisements on more than one occasion.

Photo 2.jpg

• Like 1

Gives me an idea... wonder what a real VW Microbus styled COE would've looked like back in the day. I've seen this little conversion into a "mini semi"...vwsemi.jpg.ba2ad8887e69d9a66f9f711ec7276fcf.jpg

... but I wonder what a real, full sized, VW cabover semi would've looked like... sounds like I've got an art project for the weekend...

• Like 1

Who needs a back yard when you could have a :mack1: Yard?!

On 2/15/2020 at 8:49 AM, Swishy said:

Purely a WAG

Photo 2.jpg

but the top headlights would B bouncin up n down on an air ride cab

where by the lower set would stay on an even plane to truck chassis

WotSezu?

cya

I reckon you have it ass about Swisho..  

The top set would be floating along just fine... whilst the Bottom set would be going up & down with the Potholes...

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -