Oil Pan needs to be replaced

Tim Modine

2007 Mack CHN613 AC460 motor.

Would anyone know of a place I could get a deal on an aftermarket or OEM replacement oil Pan. Bottom of pan is completely rusting out, very porous, to thin to weld and will only keep getting worse. Are these pans from dealer really about $2000.00?. Dealer won't give out part number so if anyone has access to that would be appreciated.

Thank you,

25 minutes ago, Tim Modine said:

Fjh,

MAK240GB5271M4 would this be the part number for the oil pan I'm looking for?

Thanks for all the advice gents!

Really need to know the capacity of the current oil pan. There are several available.

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Prices like those made it worth the 2.5hrs I spent fashioning a new one to fit with my brake, then welding it onto the original stamping. After glass beading, then epoxy priming, followed with a 2K industrial topcoat I expect it will far outlast the original including the truck.

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

2 hours ago, Tim Modine said:

Fjh,

MAK240GB5271M4 would this be the part number for the oil pan I'm looking for?

Thanks for all the advice gents!

Believe so! ! 38 litre pan! BRO  if your pan has a dipstick on the side Be sure to ask If their new pan is equipped! if your ordering!

Edited by fjh
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tim Modine said:

3/16 flanges and 14 gauge 304 ss sides and bottom from bh oil pans. I asked them to send pics of a finished one before shipping to see quality 

Never heard of them but I certainly would be interested in seeing the finished product.

36 minutes ago, Rob said:

Never heard of them but I certainly would be interested in seeing the finished product.

I’m going to order one. They have none in stock. Takes a week to build and ship. As son as I get pics from them or mine gets to me. I’ll post pics on how they ship em finished before I install.  They also said any heating probes or sensor holes they will put holes in no charge. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the response Tim. Pan looks good and a nice combination of both hand, and machine work. Hope and it should serve you well.

• Like 1