Driving an 8x8 Scania G 500 XT with 24 tonnes of marble on steep mountain roads in Carrara, Italy

kscarbel2

Scania Group Press Release  /  December 12, 2019

Andrea Landi spends his days behind the wheel of an all-wheel-drive Scania G 500 XT, driving up and down the steep gravel roads to and from the marble quarries in Carrara, Italy.

Carrara is well known for the quality of its marble, which has been a source of wealth since the Roman era. Though the work has become considerably safer in recent decades, truck drivers like Andrea still rely on considerable experience, tough equipment and knowledge passed down through the generations.

Impressive video, definitely working on some steep, narrow real estate. I’m surprised that he only has one strap on that piece of marble. 

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

gr8 video KMan

he's do n it right

drive as tho the load aint constrained ( din look like much restraint go n on anyway )

they need to run a grader blade along th@ track to make it more user friendly... specially on corners

din look good th@ your Scania product couldn't keep the front wheels on the ground

may B thru bad oscillation in the front suspension

cya

• Thanks 1

Probably no Loadsharing Suspension on the Front Swish.. ( I suppose I could look it up or Google It) Also i would've had the Block a good 18" to 2' further Forward..... But what would I know..

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -