Just signed up finally(with pictures)

Mandrewoid

Hi bigmacktrucks forum! Been reading stuff here on and off for years... finally signed up. Mack collection increased from 1 to 3 in the past few weeks so I thought I should be on here to ask about stuff as it comes up. 

Picture uploading is failing so I'll add them as a reply. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mandrewoid said:

Odd Question. Does anyone know what the green switch does here? xPBSvIOGff8Wo5vq_ttCxjapDyyx_1mg6bZv5oLx_WqzqbNxW89Tq4b8rPFEHs3TFEEYFT2plxvINr6WwAdkvLTJwbrnaJ0HjZPcuVcPa6_iXBZCzEGfYH7JO5TkOOnKECp6DmmDQBkp4HyVx7GIq7qsp5LcoNKY-Gh2hdczQdANgS1RPDDYkZ3viq13l3EKHucXP9SIedK6eqmf7QZxlY0UlFThA5rb2mXUOqXBB67s6O-UA-hmc9tzfw3RvJqx989hS79y87yF8UEgWt5iQOeMRgZwvd8JJEZgekTHlrARP0USd_IgD2B1fx81aj8akQMQUizySL0FGli8MbPQ5GyK3cu4-qgPYQImUCS5Zus3ffvzVIr93kJw5u5DcxwItR0N6EVIBPAexJcJ6BQsQ49F4rgKORzH5iwVIczHSLFwQWChWDtHsYNgAXPsSjZjiUSgZaFeBUns-cwG6krgkD-w1asBlMDWEjiULBfInBYbqJ7OXIuSN6M2IC1JAndDdrQ6li_K6uqPZ03OvtLZc-HE3sD5-xR_bxqBoSpcDwkQPaUmIf7IxKqow77afVUM5Aadg881c5y-QLXhgoWchdmkef7jNLQun1TqfvuDPgBX8yR3GvhecWEOTcEnOtuqjkMZHzraJVQulXBfW3oCH39nwoaQQ3mjCWekBcBwTohfvyZz=w506-h669-no

Not daring enough to pull it and see what happens??? Lol!

Welcome aboard.  Pretty serious fleet you have there.

Edited by Freightrain

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

1 hour ago, Freightrain said:

Not daring enough to pull it and see what happens??? Lol!

Welcome aboard.  Pretty serious fleet you have there.

Yes I did pull it. 

I guess I should've said what is it SUPPOSED to do because it does nothing. Looks like there's a lightbulb in it as well, that doesn't light up. 

4 hours ago, alex g said:

I'm assuming you farm and these are oversized tractors

Yes the DMM is replacing the one with the green tank on it. They were both previously cement mixers. The older one is pretty much worn out. The feed truck is also done for. The cab is an absolute state. Pulling the cab off, engine and transmission out and  turning it into a dump trailer. 

Unfortunately/fortunately, and what I bet is pretty common, the engine in the feed truck still runs fine. Bit of a shame to turn a running truck into a not running truck but the cab is just not worth repair. 

I have been pondering the idea of swapping the 350 into the DMM, it has a 275/285 currently. Don't remember which.  Unless it would be easier to move the intercooler and turbo? And turn up the pump on the DMM? what do you guys think?

15 minutes ago, HeavyGunner said:

If you’re going to pull the cab off the truck why not just find another cab and set back on it?

Valid question. Because you can chop a truck into a trailer and pull it behind  a farm tractor with no license/safety. WAY cheaper insurance. Would need all new brakes, tires, clutch etc (plus the cab) to get safetied as a truck again. And that's assuming they dont decide to turn you down because of something like frame rust. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mandrewoid said:

Yes I did pull it. 

I guess I should've said what is it SUPPOSED to do because it does nothing. Looks like there's a lightbulb in it as well, that doesn't light up. 

Okay, I thought maybe it was an air valve, but since it is lighted, I realize it is a push/pull lighted switch(sorry, I couldn't make it out in the picture).  Since it is just a chassis now, it likely controlled something that is no longer there.  With no tag on the dash, it was certainly not factory.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

12 hours ago, Mandrewoid said:

Yes the DMM is replacing the one with the green tank on it. They were both previously cement mixers. The older one is pretty much worn out. The feed truck is also done for. The cab is an absolute state. Pulling the cab off, engine and transmission out and  turning it into a dump trailer. 

Unfortunately/fortunately, and what I bet is pretty common, the engine in the feed truck still runs fine. Bit of a shame to turn a running truck into a not running truck but the cab is just not worth repair. 

I have been pondering the idea of swapping the 350 into the DMM, it has a 275/285 currently. Don't remember which.  Unless it would be easier to move the intercooler and turbo? And turn up the pump on the DMM? what do you guys think?

Don't think your gonna gain much swapping engines for the amount of work it would take. You can plug aneroid valve and turn up pump a bit. That'll gain you a bit of power.

• 5 months later...