My latest project - 2001 Mack RD688SX Tractor

jeff20878

• 1 month later...

OK   More updates...all new spoke wheels (got 4 of the last 6 Mack has..I guess this is end of the spoke era?), brake drums, brake shoes, air cans, cam bushings, wheels bearings and seals, etc. Just waiting on the tires and rims to arrive so we can set the height for the new fifth wheel and new rear fenders.

P.S.  As usual, I cannot get these pics rotated correctly..if someone could do that, I'd certainly be thankful!

Jeff...

• 1 month later...

Hello All,

A quick update...got the wheels and tires in...just have to mount them.   Got a good deal on 10 Goodyear Workhorse MSA 12R x 24.5s...the new spoke wheels and Dayton rims were VERY hard to locate....I guess the days of the spoke wheels are coming to an end (or I'm getting too old! LOL)

I'm sure someone will turn these pics for me 😉

Jeff...

20200417_164635.jpg

20200417_164643.jpg

• Like 1

I bet you paid about 50 bucks each for the spacers also. I had to buy 2 for my dump trailer. Dealer said they hardly sell any these days.

We the unwilling, Lead by the unqualified, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.

I'm  liking the clean organized  shop.  did notice a couple of the pics where the cutting was going on,  I screwed up a mirror once while cutting and the sparks pitted the glass.   always cover the  mirrors or windows when sparks are flying. trucks looking real good

• Like 1
  • Like 1

On 5/13/2020 at 7:49 PM, PaLawman said:

I have ruined many paint jobs too with the metal sparks etching itself in then rusting by not covering the cab...

always keep cardboard  for coverage also  , it might start burning; easier to put small smolder out that paint repair. 

• 4 weeks later...

Mack's have a very proud presence with them , When I first saw the Iranian Macks in Yugoslavia coming up to Europe with the Trilex wheels and the big fabricated fuel tanks it was love at first sight .

You will be a very proud man when she's finished .

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Christmas came early this year!  LOL 

Below is a pic of the new aluminum headache rack with 70 gallon hydraulic tank, stop/tail/turn lights, emergency light bar, chain hangers, chain trays and jail bar window.  I'm sure it will look nicer when mounted on the truck...you'll just have to wait and see ;-)

Jeff...

Resized_20200818_134001.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...