Saudi king approves hosting U.S. troops to enhance regional security

kscarbel2

RIYADH (Reuters) - Saudi Arabia’s King Salman approved hosting U.S. forces in the country to boost regional security and stability, the state news agency (SPA) reported on Friday.

The U.S. Defense Department confirmed the move in a statement, saying it would deploy troops and resources to Saudi Arabia to “provide an additional deterrent” in the face of “emergent, credible threats.”

The action comes amid rising tensions between Washington and Tehran in the Gulf that have impacted global oil markets.

Let them spend some of their oil money and take care of themselves instead of building islands and playgrounds for themselves like Dubai. 

• Like 1

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

I'm sure the Russians and Chinese will be more than happy to fill in for us there, after all we do have a mandate from the majority of our citizens to support the newest emigrants.

Edited by 41chevy
  • Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Wagons are circling over there. My niece got sent to India two weeks ago. When my elderly mother told me that I said “sure she didn’t say Indiana? We don’t have a base in India.” Wasn’t paying attention, we have an agreement with India to share space. Obama set it up in 2016 as a logistics station for a war with Iran or China. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mack Technician said:

Wagons are circling over there. My niece got sent to India two weeks ago. When my elderly mother told me that I said “sure she didn’t say Indiana? We don’t have a base in India.” Wasn’t paying attention, we have an agreement with India to share space. Obama set it up in 2016 as a logistics station for a war with Iran or China. 

We are in India because of the issues with Pakistanis harboring Benladin and other of his people when they were out ally. Kind of what Turkey is doing now.

There is a lot of things that either the public isn't aware of or just don't pay any mind to. An  example is when the U.S.A. ,  Australia and the Arvin invaded Cambodia. Big fanfare on the news about it, lasted a week before coverage ended.  Recall was issued after we got 60 miles in Nixon ended it because of Kent State. My unit was 1 1/2 miles from the first objective. Obama sent troops to fight in the Ivory Coast and to be "advisors" in Nigeria.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Like it or not Iran is heading for a ass kicking. As for if we can afford it, may be we can get some of the cash POS Obama gave them back. Take care of this now, or wait for a dark cloud to happen over here some day, I do not think we can afford that.

The main reason that we care so much about the Middle East is the oil they supply us.

The funny thing is I have heard multiple non tree hugging reports that there is more oil under North America than in the Middle East.

The oil in the Middle East is only suitable to refine into fuel

The oil under North American makes excellent lubricants and is more difficult to refine into fuel

To add to the problem we have not built a new refinery in over 25 years

So my thoughts are if this is even remotely true we should start a massive effort to develop oil production here in North America.

This will cause the price of oil to drop because they want us to stop and once everything is online and we have pumped sufficient reserves we can just let the Middle East fight it out because they will have lost the strangle hold on our economy

The president needs to declare this a national emergency and get America working on solving the problem here and to get the tree huggers on board it should be labeled as energy independence with an attached research projects on the size of the moon missions to develop alternative energy

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Quickfarms said:

To add to the problem we have not built a new refinery in over 25 years

-We haven’t built a new refinery in the US since the 1970’s. 

So my thoughts are if this is even remotely true we should start a massive effort to develop oil production here in North America.

-We did that, the Bakken ring any bells?  Our government let OPEC flood our market with oil which dropped the price of crude to the point we could no longer drill and be profitable. 

-My grandpa has said for years the reason we don’t truly tap into our crude potential here in the states is because we are trying to run everyone else out of oil first.  Who knows could be some truth to that.

Edited by HeavyGunner

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.