EC6 350 Lift Pump

You need to be careful  with these in some of the older older pumps the roller width is narrow if u get the wrong pump with the narrow roller and use it on a wide cam u can ruin the pump! I hesitate to make any comment other than that! 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Quickfarms said:

1985 engine

Remove the pump measure the roller width and confirm with the vendor! would be my suggestion! the wide roller will work on the narrow cam but not the other way! The difference is may 1/6 of an inch how ever just enough to wreck stuff! 

Edited by fjh

2 hours ago, JoeH said:

Can you delete the worn lift pump and install an electric lift pump? Make a cover plate for the old lift pump location?

Got to be careful there as an electric pump is not variable in flow. Seen it done a time or two and the engines flood, or overfuel at idle.

• Thanks 1

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Since I was up in the Bay Area last week to attend my son's graduation from Berkeley and to bring both kids home from college I asked the parts house to send the pump out to see if it could be rebuilt.

UDS a local shop that has rebuilt injectors and pumps for me in the past rebuilt the lift pump.

This pump is noticeably bigger that the pump on the 235

6102e7389f8c904a60f90970ce3f85b7.jpg