Pictures of the Week

other dog

First picture reminds me of a coon headed for the woods. Second picture is much more classy than the first. Third and fourth photos I admire the effort. Fifth photo is typical of an accident awaiting a place to happen. Sixth photo and caption doesn't surprise me a bit given what I see as a result of deregulation. Seventh photo kinda looks like a dog to me. Given it was referenced the animal "barked", I assume it is of the canine family. Eighth photo is the way it should be. A mother and father taking care of their needs making babies to nurture to adulthood.

Just some of my wayward observations.

Edited by Rob
  • Like 1

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

23 hours ago, Hobert62 said:

Don't people use coil racks and 4x4's?    I'm surprised they left him out of the mill.  

Agree- I would think if this guy got stopped or worse yet was in an accident the lawyers would be looking for everyone connected with this deal. Maybe benefit of the doubt?  He did not want to hold up truck in back of him so threw quicky straps over while he pulled out to yard to properly chain down?

• Like 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Red Horse said:

Agree- I would think if this guy got stopped or worse yet was in an accident the lawyers would be looking for everyone connected with this deal. Maybe benefit of the doubt?  He did not want to hold up truck in back of him so threw quicky straps over while he pulled out to yard to properly chain down?

I was thinking that too, but that being said.    I never hauled steel but crew up with my dad pulling a covered wagon for decades.   My teachings would of been to put 2 coil racks on the floor to hold 2 oak 4x4's in place.   The coil would then sit on the 2 4x4's and not actually touch the trailer floor.   

• Like 2

On 3/11/2019 at 1:32 PM, Red Horse said:

No, not the case. I was behind him, and I was wondering myself if he was going to chain them. He did not. I was in the loading spot, and he pulled ahead out of the way to strap them and then he was out the door. They were in coil racks, but I don't know if they were off the floor. As long as they're not touching the floor you're good, but I always liked to be able to get my fingers under them. 

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.