ECM Programing

Was the ecm in 04 still able to be programmed by the customer? I can't  seem to get the dealer to even look into it. Anytime I ask they just get the crucifix out and change the subject. I even asked about getting it flashed and start over. They won't even do that. It runs like it was gutted. Put the truck on the dyno, it isn't making power or the right manifold pressure and the fan comes on and won't kick off, even when it's not warm. The engine was rebuilt last April. They put the wrong injectors in it. So far everytime it's gone to Mack they say they don't know why it's doing it, pull the codes, charge me big $$$, and change nothing. Only thing they changed is now, is it leaks oil, they won't talk about that either. Very frustrating.

• 2 months later...

CX613 018585

The engine was inframed about a year ago. Been chasing oil and coolant leaks since. Right now coolant is leaking down the block on the left side near the front. 

I had to take it to a different mack dealer. The one that inframed it just gives me a run around and big bills. They never fix anything

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2019 at 6:14 PM, Challenger said:

VMAC III isn’t even that old.  I can understand dealers not having anyone with VMAC I and II, and older Volvo experience.  But VMAC III? That’s sad.

Nothing like going to a dealer and having some apprentice tech with maybe a year experience telling you what you need. 

These are the guys putting engine harness on gray engines like they’re MP engines. 

“You need a set of injectors and an engine harness.”    Today’s Mack dealer

It’s a condition physicians are referring to as Rapid Onset Gray Engine Amnesia. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mack Technician said:

It’s a condition physicians are referring to as Rapid Onset Gray Engine Amnesia. 

Yeah that followed the R model Dementia in te early 2000's.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE