Old Graders and Tractors

Truck Shop

Cool stuff. Is that last machine homemade? Looks like it but I’ve been wrong before. It kind of reminds me of the old Wheel Horse machines worhnall of the implements they had. Would really like that dozer sitting at my house. My grandpa had a Cletrac that ran like a top, had a hydraulic blade and then he sold it. 

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

15 hours ago, Truck Shop said:

And a kill or maim you garden thrasher.

l wouldn't be afraid of the garden tractor. As l would be of that steam powered thing-a-ma-jig-what-ya-ma-call-it! Looks like something the Three Stooges built!   .....Hippy

• Like 1

Wow! i see Buda-Lanova diesel for the first time. It's not written "Lanova" on it but from the location of injectors it used Lanova pre-chambers.

• Like 2

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Vladislav- it does say Buda Lanova on the rating tag at the back middle of the block you can just make out the small brass tag. I was told this one is a 1952 one of the last Buda's before

Allis Chalmers bought them out in 1953.

Truck Shop

• Like 1

One ping only

Just noticed that first grader is a Galion. Grampa ran Galions, Austin awesterns and the last one he ran was a cat until he retired. 

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

That steam thing of ma bob .looks like a steam power thresher engine or saw mill engine . looks pretty complete you can see the governor  fly weights in the middle  ,nice little rig. boiler is probably shot. I would better there are a few steam guys out there who would love to have  it.

18 hours ago, Truck Shop said:

Vladislav- it does say Buda Lanova on the rating tag at the back middle of the block you can just make out the small brass tag. I was told this one is a 1952 one of the last Buda's before

Allis Chalmers bought them out in 1953.

Truck Shop

Once again, thank you for sharing, very interesting.

As long as I know Mack put diesel engines in trucks before having its own diesel. The first series production Mack diesel was ED-519 Lanova introduced in November 1938. And those diesels installed before that date (and possibly later either) were Buda Lanova.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012