Alsa easy chrome

Anyone tried this? If so did it work as well as the video shows? Is there anything else that is similar that works like this stuff is supposed to? Thanks

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

7 hours ago, HeavyGunner said:

I’m hesitant to spend $200 on 4 ounces until I hear either in person or see lots of positive reviews. I see some videos on YouTube that says although it’s decent it doesn’t level out and shine nearly as well with a paint brush as the advertisement shows. But I’ll admit it is hard sometimes to wade through bs reviews, good and bad on the internet. 

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

That's one of the videos I watched. I'm guessing there is no way to get around actually rechroming something other than actually rechroming it. That willys wagon has a really cool chrome 3 piece rear bumper that has willys stamped in it but it's broken. I can weld it but it would look bad missing the patina chrome on it. 

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

43 minutes ago, HeavyGunner said:

That's one of the videos I watched. I'm guessing there is no way to get around actually rechroming something other than actually rechroming it. That willys wagon has a really cool chrome 3 piece rear bumper that has willys stamped in it but it's broken. I can weld it but it would look bad missing the patina chrome on it. 

Weld it with Stainless rod or wire, you can pretty much blend it in when you file it down and work up the sand paper grit to about 400.

• Like 1

P.T.CHESHIRE

P.T.CHESHIRE

10 hours ago, 41chevy said:

Weld it with Stainless rod or wire, you can pretty much blend it in when you file it down and work up the sand paper grit to about 400.

If I welded it should I grind back some of the chrome when cleaning it up to weld or just weld over the chrome? 

1 hour ago, HeavyGunner said:

If I welded it should I grind back some of the chrome when cleaning it up to weld or just weld over the chrome? 

If you use stainless rod or wire you can leave the chrome alone, just clean the rust edges and a slight Vee the back and do a segmented weld in 1/2 inch runs with low heat generation and allow to cool completely between welds. Weld from each end on the front first. Than flip and run a stitch weld on the back on the back. The weld wire and rod are both high Chromium content so will bled with the chrome plate well.

Stick rod use  308L 16 for AC welder   308L 15 for DC welder (better results)       expensive  per rod cost if you don't shop around

MIG use ER309 SL .035 wire  with minimum of 25/75 gas. 

Crown Wire makes a 2lb spool for under $25.00

• Like 2

P.T.CHESHIRE