1983 Mack MC611F

Upper Cloverfork VFD

13 minutes ago, Upper Cloverfork VFD said:

I need a service manual.  

If your truck is older than 5 years, Volvo's Mack brand doesn't provide you with a corporate contact number for assistance. But you can try +1 (866) 298-6586.

Your question will be, does the Mack brand publications department (if it still exists) still offer the TS442 service manual (pictured below). This book will largely cover your truck. If Volvo no longer sells it, you can look on eBay.

Photo 6.jpg

• Like 1

The Mack Museum may have copies on hand, submit a request through the museum drop-down on the corporate web site. A suitable donation is appreciated.

For a Waterous Fire Pump manual, call Waterous directly (have the pump SN with you) and they will send you SN specific manuals for the pump and the x-fer case. 

• Like 1

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

• 1 month later...

Greetings,

Can anyone identify what this is.  I am by no means a Mack mechanic however with low budget of our fd we have to turn our own wrenches to stay afloat.  This is located behind the passenger side rear wheel behind the frame.  It is right off the fuel filter.  It is pouring diesel out of the top of this canister.  

I humbly appreciate all your insight.

MC 611F.jpg

Looks like an added cartridge  fuel filter can.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Looks like a Bendix booster pump for fuel . That bottom looks like a 1\4 turn and it will come off exposing a filter. Is that where the leak is? If so check the rubber gasket and carefully adjust the retainers for the cap.  When you turn the batteries on did you hear it run? Could be a switch on the dash also.  Not sure but this is my guess

• Like 1