30 minutes ago, Upper Cloverfork VFD said:

Looking for a manual for our fire departments MC 611F.  Anyone know where I can get one?

Do you need an operator's handbook, service manual, pump manual or ?

13 minutes ago, Upper Cloverfork VFD said:

I need a service manual.  

If your truck is older than 5 years, Volvo's Mack brand doesn't provide you with a corporate contact number for assistance. But you can try +1 (866) 298-6586.

Your question will be, does the Mack brand publications department (if it still exists) still offer the TS442 service manual (pictured below). This book will largely cover your truck. If Volvo no longer sells it, you can look on eBay.

Photo 6.jpg

• Like 1

The Mack Museum may have copies on hand, submit a request through the museum drop-down on the corporate web site. A suitable donation is appreciated.

For a Waterous Fire Pump manual, call Waterous directly (have the pump SN with you) and they will send you SN specific manuals for the pump and the x-fer case. 

• Like 1

Hey guys I appreciate all your responses.  I am wondering what this is called.  It is pouring fuel out the top.  I need to replace it as we have the pump lined out on it and it is ready for fire service after we replace this.

MC 611F.jpg

Greetings,

Can anyone identify what this is.  I am by no means a Mack mechanic however with low budget of our fd we have to turn our own wrenches to stay afloat.  This is located behind the passenger side rear wheel behind the frame.  It is right off the fuel filter.  It is pouring diesel out of the top of this canister.  

I humbly appreciate all your insight.

MC 611F.jpg

The picture isn’t clear. Does it have a coolant hose running to/from it?

I thought it looked like the old power steering ram.  Not a good pic but he said fuel was leaking

Looks like an added cartridge  fuel filter can.

4 hours ago, 41chevy said:

Looks like an added cartridge  fuel filter can.

I concur. If you cannot repair it, bypass it. 

• Like 1

I wonder if the previous owners added it due to poor fuel quality from their supplier? 

If you guys are in a cold location, pull that thing out an replace it with a Raycor heated fuel/water separator.