Best definition of where we stand with Trump

Red Horse

I don't know Bob.

I thought this one pegged its subject topic.........https://www.bigmacktrucks.com/topic/54073-this-pretty-well-sums-it-up/

But for example, he's all wrong on how to deal with the DPRK.

The masses of every nation pay little attention to national and global affairs because, for one thing, they know they are powerless to influence.

I think trump did exactly what we should with North Korea. We’ve been trying to deal with them diplomatically with kid gloves since the Korean War ended and it hasn’t worked. Every few years they act out with threat and aggression and we end up giving them food or some other supply and that quiets them for a bit. How many more missiles should we let them shoot over our allies and territories? That little fat man understands violence and needed “daddy” to put him in his place and say enough of this crap either playball or get your butt kicked. 

• Like 2

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

The American government tells the masses who our adversaries are, and supported by the media, drills in the official view. Well, that view is generally far from the truth, and one-sided. In my opinion mind you, the US has handled the DPRK issue incorrectly for years. On reason they've run in a bad direction is because we continually rubbed their face in the dirt. If a father continually yells and shames his son, he will likely adapt to the environment, grow a thick skin, start snapping back and become a problem child.

15 hours ago, 41chevy said:

Force only understand force, Chamberland [Chamberlain] and Obama's "Peace in our time" Unicorn army worked well for us.

Being on the receiving and giving end in 2 wars, somebody in the press, a civilian or a 4 star, is IMO out of touch with the situation on the ground. But thats only my thought. Personally I will never turn the other check or cut and run from a bully or even a keyboard commando.

With Chamberlain you're right. They could see the writing on the wall but were unwilling to stop/contain Hitler early on.

On 9/5/2018 at 6:16 AM, kscarbel2 said:

If a father continually yells and shames his son, he will likely adapt to the environment, grow a thick skin, start snapping back and become a problem child.

I always enjoy your contributions to any conversation KS but blaming the US for North Korea being a horrible dictatorship is totally bunk. We responsible for all the other countries who also kill and starve their own for their own financial gain and well being?  Everyone has a choice to do right or wrong and yes environments can influence that but not dictate it. I have a close friend who was raised in an orphanage and then adopted by alcoholics and yet they decided not to be an alcoholic  or a criminal of any sort even though they weren’t  raised in the best environment. 

Edited by HeavyGunner
Spelling
  • Like 2

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.