Titans in Canada

No more....those are the last new ones they ordered before production ended.

I have two friends with Titan's here. One just burnt and the other was sold and replaced with a new twin steer tri-drive 4900 Western Star because the price of a same spec 505 h.p. Granite was way higher than 600 h.p. Kenworth's and Star's.

I'd love to see volvo go down. They took trucks that were dependable in the industry stripped them the dumped them just my opinion. Mack ruled the construction  market .guess I'm just an old driver stuck in the pat by my 90 RD comes home every nite under its own power

• Like 2

Titans died a quick death in Canada. There was a race to show how much money tou had to buy one. Shortly after most fell to buyers remorse and couldn't sell them quick enough to huge depreciated losses.

They were no less reliable then any other MP8 powered Pinnacle. Just more expensive to buy and hard to justify comparing to the competition. Even Canadian salesman knew the price would kill the truck before the first ones hit the dealers. They couldn't even go out and sell it to customers.

• 1 month later...

There is no Mack anymore...😔 I owned a Mack truck for so long that I felt so sad other day when my wheel bearings failed and on the new hub it said Volvo made in Austria...junk. Looking to buy a newer truck in future but now I'm lost but Mack to work in specialized tranport doesn't exist anymore. It's just pu..y volvo truck with dog on the hood (I hope someone prove me wrong) and I will be forced to go with KW T800. Looking at today's Macks I really don't know what to think. I'm heartbroken 😭 that toughest truck and most profitable is destroyed. No more Titan no more Rawhide, what we have now ?? Anthem?? 

And yet we hear on this website every week how there is no market for a good looking, well spec’d conventional with big bore power. We’re told we need those ugly, stubby cab overs from Europe. 🤮

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

It isn't that there's no market, it's that it's not the high volume "mass market" that Volvo thinks is required. Reality is that it's profitable to build a heavy hauler like the Titan off a high volume truck like the Mack or Volvo conventional cabs, Paccar and Daimler long ago proved that.

That's what I heard, and I have no clue why. They're trying to make a Mack that is a mass production disposable truck and that's what Volvo become now days, and not just them. If I decide to let go on Mack and how I see things vith Volvo that most of those trucks is born with problems that cost so much time and money what I have to expect from a Mack that's built by same people. I have to admit that Mack become very comfortable truck compare to older before Volvo get involved but quality is catastrophic. I'm OTR O/O and for specialized transport I just don't see Mack any more as a workhorse reliable truck, but I still hope that I'm wrong and someone will proof me wrong

On 10/18/2018 at 12:34 PM, james j neiweem said:

No more Rawhide?

Technically no, you can still get the pinnacle axle forward but the new 70inch bunk doesnt allow for the stacks to be mounted behind the cab not sure about the 48 flat top . I still think all these new trucks with the scr are money pits, our titans are vsown with emission crap problems quite often now that they are all 5-7 years ild, our new kenworth is a year old and just lost a  def pump and the dealer wasn't too good at diagnosing the problem took 3 trips to the dealer to figure it out