Mack Trucks Australia

kscarbel2

14 minutes ago, Jamaican Bulldog said:

I thought the MP10 was discontinued, or maybe just in  the NA market.

The D16 (rebadged as MP10) was only discontinued in North America.

Volvo couldn't exist in the global market without a 15-16 litre engine, the Australian market being a case in point.

https://www.bigmacktrucks.com/topic/48491-volvo-cancels-d16-mack-cancels-titan-tractor/?tab=comments#comment-359572

Other than to purposely hobble Mack I cannot see any good reason why Volvo doesn’t allow all the seemingly better products and options to be sold in the US? I’m guessing that if the US does not buy more trucks than any other country we got to be in the top 3 so truck models that are wanted coupled with options that are wonted would be an easy sell. 

• Like 1

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

And that boys and girls us why Mack are still selling like hot cakes in Australia 

Build what the people want and it will sell

People don't want poxy mirrors hanging off the bonnet (hood) 

They don't want some poxy add that tells people it's "BAD ASS" 

People want a truck that pulls like a train, looks good, is cheap to run,  and runs for ever

Dunno why Mack North America don't get this anymore 

Maybe their hands are tied ????

Do what you do best and do it well

Paul 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, mrsmackpaul said:

And that boys and girls us why Mack are still selling like hot cakes in Australia 

Build what the people want and it will sell

People don't want poxy mirrors hanging off the bonnet (hood) 

They don't want some poxy add that tells people it's "BAD ASS" 

People want a truck that pulls like a train, looks good, is cheap to run,  and runs for ever

Dunno why Mack North America don't get this anymore 

Maybe their hands are tied ????

Do what you do best and do it well

Paul 

That’s why it’s so surprising to me that Volvo allows all those options anywhere but North America. You guys get some nice lookin trucks with good running gear we get the anthem 😕

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

A lot of the blame goes to our oddball pollution regulations- The rest of the world has gone with the Euro standards and the USA and Canada have gone their own way. Total market for the MP10/D16 here is probably not even a thousand units a year, so it's not worth it to certify the MP10/D16 to sell here.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dirtymilkman said:

On those trucks, what is the grille surround on the hood made of?  Is it stainless steel or chrome over aluminum?

Stainless.

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

1 hour ago, Dirtymilkman said:

My Titan has a crappy chrome over aluminum or pot metal. It peels like crazy.  I wonder how close the dimensions are? 

What year is your Titan if it's less than 5 years old you can get a new grill under warranty . They gave us new ones for ours ,supposed to be better quality .

On 8/10/2018 at 8:04 PM, Dirtymilkman said:

My Titan has a crappy chrome over aluminum or pot metal. It peels like crazy.  I wonder how close the dimensions are? 

Pretty sure (But happy to be corrected) that all the Hoods are made in here in Australia,

So No  real Idea on how interchangeble the Trim IS.

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

On August 9, 2018 at 4:29 PM, Maxidyne said:

A lot of the blame goes to our oddball pollution regulations- The rest of the world has gone with the Euro standards and the USA and Canada have gone their own way. Total market for the MP10/D16 here is probably not even a thousand units a year, so it's not worth it to certify the MP10/D16 to sell here.

Kenworth and Peterbilt's seem to sell a helluva lot trucks with big bores in them but again you are able to spec the truck out the way you want it instead of the dealership telling you what you can have.