Pictures of the Week

other dog

Wow! Neat boo.. Bee :)

Tom, how are you doing? I found myself too busy after getting home. So not much activity on here yet. Thanks for the hot stuff. The bottle survived the flight and customs Ok. And the taste was quite in order either when checked :thumb:

• Like 2

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

On 7/16/2018 at 3:50 PM, Vladislav said:

Wow! Neat boo.. Bee :)

Tom, how are you doing? I found myself too busy after getting home. So not much activity on here yet. Thanks for the hot stuff. The bottle survived the flight and customs Ok. And the taste was quite in order either when checked :thumb:

Thanks Vlad, i'm glad you liked it! I was doing all right, but I have not worked all week because I have gout. I think it was because I got very dehydrated several different times last week.

It's been very hot, upper 90's all last week. I had to untarp in Lynchburg Monday morning, then tarp a 2 stop Greenville, S.C. load, then picked up a load in Charlotte that took 3 tarps to cover, then back to the shop and had to tarp a load going to Atlanta, then picked up another load in Winder, Ga. that of course had to be tarped. Every load I hauled last week I had to tarp in that heat. It might have been over 100 in Ga, I don't know. All I know is that I was just pouring sweat, and i'm not as young as I used to be.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Uugghhh... gout.  Nearly at the top of the list for the worst pain ever!

Sounds like a bad week with all that tarping.  Stay hydrated!  When you don't sweat is when you are in BIG trouble.

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

1 minute ago, j hancock said:

Uugghhh... gout.  Nearly at the top of the list for the worst pain ever!

Sounds like a bad week with all that tarping.  Stay hydrated!  When you don't sweat is when you are in BIG trouble.

Absolutely, I tried to stay hydrated, thought I was, but it was not enough. I figured it up and I tarped and untarped 9 loads last week. And I would have to agree about the pain, I could hardly walk.

DSCN5777.JPG.18c9df1c101742da5db19f09f3c37b95.JPG

When I was in  Norcross, Ga. I got out of the truck to untarp, barely able to walk because of the worst attack of gout I've ever had- No doubt because of all the sweat I've poured out this week- and the guy driving this truck right here, the "Engineered Floors" truck, gets out and helps me pull the tarps, fold them, unchain, unstrap, and put my chains and binders away. I could not thank him enough.

DSCN5714.thumb.JPG.1a7493d1b1c6cd4eb889ac594c433a88.JPG

• Like 2

On 7/19/2018 at 3:34 PM, other dog said:

Thanks Vlad, i'm glad you liked it! I was doing all right, but I have not worked all week because I have gout. I think it was because I got very dehydrated several different times last week.

It's been very hot, upper 90's all last week. I had to untarp in Lynchburg Monday morning, then tarp a 2 stop Greenville, S.C. load, then picked up a load in Charlotte that took 3 tarps to cover, then back to the shop and had to tarp a load going to Atlanta, then picked up another load in Winder, Ga. that of course had to be tarped. Every load I hauled last week I had to tarp in that heat. It might have been over 100 in Ga, I don't know. All I know is that I was just pouring sweat, and i'm not as young as I used to be.

Googled "gout". Sounded way off from being a nice thing. Too hope and wish that disaster will go away soon. At least you should bring your water balance in norm but doctor's advice seems as a thing to start with. As I remember you should not drink alcohol in such cases no matter beer feels like too helping to slick a thrist.

After Macungie I made a trip to the South passing Delavare and ending up in Virginia. Found it really hot for a couple of days there. The gauge in the car showed 97-99 F and it was not easy to stay for a while outside. The AC did its job well but I wouldn't be eager to do some work outside in such conditions.

The biggest impression was a hard rain of half an hour after which I found a drop for a couple degrees only. Had never found myself in such conditions with water falling all over you and 97 F at the same time.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

All Mack too with the gold pup! I loved F models! Hope you're feeling better! If I had a doller for every time I tarped a load of insulation, I could buy a new set of tarps! Did I tell you guys about the single coil took to Columbus Oh? If I did I won't repeat it! Interesting view on tarping!

1 hour ago, BillyT said:

All Mack too with the gold pup! I loved F models! Hope you're feeling better! If I had a doller for every time I tarped a load of insulation, I could buy a new set of tarps! Did I tell you guys about the single coil took to Columbus Oh? If I did I won't repeat it! Interesting view on tarping!

If you did I don't remember, you should probably tell us again.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/19/2018 at 6:54 AM, j hancock said:

that guy was keeping us posted pretty regularly then all of a sudden he just quit.....was doing some pretty incredible work on it....bob

On 8/16/2018 at 1:40 PM, gxbxc said:

Hey Otherdog have you tried soaking your feet in cold Tonic water ,it is supposed to miracales 

nope, never heard of that, but thank you, i'll keep that in mind if I have it again, the pain is no joke.