My old roadway truck

Nice truck but I'll bet it's in for frame repair in a couple of years from the way they hinged the rear for the bed. That is far too much concentrated stress to hold up if single framed. Wish the photo was longer to see the total length and overhang of the bed.

Camelback does great in the fields; just as Hendrickson does. The articulation is very good and traction is among the best.

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Roadway  spec'd  R models  are a special  breed,for sure. Even their clutches were special  (don't  ask me what  made them so special). I just remember  the Mack  parts catalog  listing all the clutches  available  like the CL-??. Then one simply  said"Roadway". I think ABF's R's were unique  also.

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

On 4/30/2018 at 8:45 AM, dogg rescue said:

I bought this old roadway truck back in '03 and made it into a twin screw, it was a great truck, the last to get stuck in the field. I sold it 3 years ago to a guy who's '66 r model had died on him, and he sent me a picture of it today.

6387.jpeg

Probably a "dumb" question....BUT why does the Fuel tank have a Tapered end..????

EMNTK..

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

Roadway ran a lot of Detroit's in the Mack's. I am wondering how many Econodynes they ran. About that time they dropped Macks and went mostly to Whites and Shakers if I remember right.

That looks like a +3 cab. Not sure when the +3 came about. Mack never did learn from past mistakes when it came to cab sizes. +3 on R models and +4 on CH's. Not sure if the U models had +3. I would guess the DM's did.

Edited by james j neiweem