Ice Fishing

KDog Trucking

Winter is almost over, and in celebration of that, I'd like to share some ice fishing posts from our recent  Leech Lake MN trip. I know Mack Technician has some pictures from our recent trip. I'll post a few here and anyone else want to share ice fishing stories or just fishing pictures, etc. feel free to jump in. 

• Like 1

Cheers Kamp.

I was letting the trip slide into a vacuum. 

-No large live bait available statewide

-unable to pour a whiskey for Keith Pommerening (BMT) as planned, major missed (first) opportunity to hang out with two other members

-Not catching a single walleye

-Three days of sustained 25MPH wind

-burning out early to beat the incoming snow storm....

I was giving a low grade to the Minnesota haul. All whining aside....heck of a ride out, beautiful lake and hell of an effort. First time ever running out of auger fuel trying to force feed a game fish. If nothing else we made Leech Lake look like a decommissioned mine field.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keith Pommerening said:

Is that thing "Viking" purple?  Must have been incogneto.

Lol...,gal at the gas station in Hill City claimed us as locals and far as I’m concerned (not speaking for Kamp) it’s nice not to get harassed about the 2017 Packers dibacle. 

Edited by Mack Technician

Group broke up Thursday afternoon, 6 people on the NW Saucer of Walker Bay and 6 people in the NE, Sucker Bay. The reel is 4". Perch is one I caught off the Sucker Bay side. Minnesota has a great fishery.

Dirty M- Poutfest central is increasingly out of control and/or I'm getting too old to appreciate it. Last time I went I got pelted through the open drivers-side window with snowballs......which is funny and normal....... unless the guys throwing them are frozen, bright-red, drunk, band of marauding dudes wearing nothing but a jock strap. 

The sane Mud ducks hang out on the North fringe during poutfest.         

Edited by Mack Technician
deleted all pics do to storage restriction

ice fishing? that's what we call trying to get the last remains of an ice cube from the cooler

if a post hole digger is "required" equipment....I'm out

• Haha 1

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian