Caterpillar Utility Vehicles Built to Be Cat Tough

kscarbel2

12 minutes ago, TS7 said:

Cat trucks were built by Navistar, that should tell you why they were junk. 

Borrowing from Ford, I have to ask......

"Have you driven an International......lately?"

Now......thanks to Troy Clarke and Bill Kozek, Navistar is operating arguably better than it has in decades. And it shows in the management, and new product portfolio.

Two new guys and everything is better. Kscarbel have you ever owned a truck and it was down and it was costing you money? New management and products do not get you running and making money with the truck you own. Navistar has a lot of junk on the road.

58 minutes ago, TS7 said:

Two new guys and everything is better. Kscarbel have you ever owned a truck and it was down and it was costing you money? New management and products do not get you running and making money with the truck you own. Navistar has a lot of junk on the road.

I think KSC's point is they have made a lot of changes.  As for the Cat truck circus, I said when they came out-"a marriage made in hell".  think of it- Cat abandons the on highway engine business and International was involved with the  EGR fiasco where the guy at the top thought he was smarter than everyone else.   Doomed from the start. 

IMO Cat thinks they can paint a pile of dog shit Cat yellow and everyone will stand around saying..."isn't that the nicest pile of dog shit you have ever seen".   Don't get me wrong- I like Cat equipment-but I do think they do depend on their rep to win sales in new markets.

International's sales have taken off so hopefully things are looking up.  Then again, friend of mine owns a salvage yard with a few ramp trucks-    Dodge 5500's (Cummins) and International.  He is fed up with International service and his next trucks will be Fords-not at all worried about the 6.7 PowerStroke.

2 hours ago, TS7 said:

Yes I have. A fleet.

Any truck, when the wheels aren’t spinning, is not generating revenue.

• Like 1

I am not saying Navistar is not trying to get better, but that does not fix the junk they built the last few years. Lets not get into Ford and Navistar over 6.0 and 6.4 diesels.  I have been around Cat equipment all my life and Cat stands by what they build. You cannot say that about any other equipment or truck  manufacturer in this country. I have been  operating heavy equipment over 35 years and have owned 12 Cat machines. I have had better luck repairing them, than the Ford and Mack trucks I own.                

19 hours ago, Red Horse said:

wonder who rebrands this for Cat?  Polaris?   wonder why the ol' boy didn't ask about the power train?  Hopefully it will live longer than the Cat "truck"

Textron

https://www.equipmentworld.com/cat-to-enter-utv-market-through-partnership-with-textron/

• Like 1

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

3 hours ago, TS7 said:

I am not saying Navistar is not trying to get better, but that does not fix the junk they built the last few years. Lets not get into Ford and Navistar over 6.0 and 6.4 diesels.  I have been around Cat equipment all my life and Cat stands by what they build. You cannot say that about any other equipment or truck  manufacturer in this country. I have been  operating heavy equipment over 35 years and have owned 12 Cat machines. I have had better luck repairing them, than the Ford and Mack trucks I own.                

Well appreciate your loyalty to Cat. Like I said, a very loyal base.  Just hope they keep it as the low cost   Chinese product makes its way here.  Friend of mine bought a Liugong loader about the size of a 638.  He said he could have bought two and had one as a parts machine vs. what the 638 would have cost.  Scary.

11 hours ago, Red Horse said:

Friend of mine bought a Liugong loader about the size of a 638.  He said he could have bought two and had one as a parts machine vs. what the 638 would have cost.  Scary.imageproxy.php?img=&key=a8b8d98f5855eef7imageproxy.php?img=&key=a8b8d98f5855eef7imageproxy.php?img=&key=a8b8d98f5855eef7imageproxy.php?img=&key=a8b8d98f5855eef7

Pricing for cats is just like John Deere, they cost a helluva lot more than a case but the quality does seem to set them apart. 

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

25 minutes ago, HeavyGunner said:

Are they Kawasaki powered like the mowers and such?

Fairly certain The diesel One is Yanmar powered. & (I think) they use Kohler in some of the Petrol Ones..

I have a John Deere Mower & It's Briggs & Shitten Powered..

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 7:30 AM, HeavyGunner said:

Are they Kawasaki powered like the mowers and such?

On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 7:58 AM, Hayseed said:

Fairly certain The diesel One is Yanmar powered. & (I think) they use Kohler in some of the Petrol Ones..

I have a John Deere Mower & It's Briggs & Shitten Powered..

Ref. Deere - I think all the Diesels are Yanmar.  The gassers could be one of several OEs (Kaw, B&S, Kohler).  Best to look at the specs for the specific model to determine the engine OE.  I think the CVT transmissions are from Japan.  Deere uses a lot of Japan made components in their UTV and L&G products but the machines are assembled in USA.

P.S. Something about plain Norma - me thinks she may be "hot" in bed....sorry not politically correct. :thumb:

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"