mackcat12

2018 mp7 turbo problems

11 hours ago, fjh said:

Yup seen it happen a few times ! It even happened when it was a not Swedish owned ! How ever these guys can't really afford  need to piss many more people off,small or big! Volvo/ Mack  market share is dropping like a stone!

Yup, Volvo sure has trashed Mack in my opinion. I mean, what's really left that is actually Mack? Transmission I guess, some suspension? They have even managed to screw up the diffs. Sad.

The best thing that can happen for Mack is to have Volvo spin them off and sell to a group of investors and let Mack become what it was, The Best Truck ever to grace the USA. Just like Autocar when it was let go, they made small compact trucks for trash haulers like Mack MR's and now they have a new conventional model coming out and hopefully it will take off and expand to a road tractor.

Mack could do the same and go back to their engines and drive trains. Build them like before and hopefully the industry wide damage with not kill this great piece of American ability.

Would you guys think I’m crazy if I was considering another MACK? Mack has offered me a hell of a deal on a new truck and a shocking amount for my truck on trade, the truck would have to be ordered because they don’t have what I want in stock, I would go with a MP8 engine and Allison transmission this time, got a bad taste in my mouth from the MP7 and Mdrive, I have priced other brands and they aren’t even close to the price MACK has quoted me, what do you guys think? Am I crazy?

Until they fix injector & cup probablem; or if you can stand trading before warranty runs out, I couldn’t. Just don’t see trade in value on Mack’s until they fix the problems.

I'd absolutely do it. Just remember,  you only hear about the problems.....you never hear about the ones that just keep going. 

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, mackcat12 said:

Would you guys think I’m crazy if I was considering another MACK? Mack has offered me a hell of a deal on a new truck and a shocking amount for my truck on trade, the truck would have to be ordered because they don’t have what I want in stock, I would go with a MP8 engine and Allison transmission this time, got a bad taste in my mouth from the MP7 and Mdrive, I have priced other brands and they aren’t even close to the price MACK has quoted me, what do you guys think? Am I crazy?

Also seen this happen this gets you possibly happy and they can sell this truck to someone that don't know any better! what ever works I guess! Usually comes with a keep you mouth shut stipulation I think!!🤔

The Mp8 is a some what  better design in my mind however Don't expect good mileage with an allison! we have quite a few running here and are trouble free for the most part!Allison is a better choice for a dump configuration And almost any niny can drive it with out wrecking things! Leaves you open to letting your wife or girlfreind driving it for you while you sit home drinking beer! 😉

Edited by fjh

Hush money is a hard earned commodity. Trad’er in! 

28 minutes ago, Mack Technician said:

Hush money is a hard earned commodity. Trad’er in! 

I agree; just don’t see putting good money in bad money. Especially AGAIN

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, 1965 said:

I agree; just don’t see putting good money in bad money. Especially AGAIN

I’m saying get another Mack. If they want you to be happy by giving you a fantastic deal.......take it! You earned it. The law of statistics says you won’t get another lemon.

Quote of my Volvo/Mack factory trainer......”Longest lasting engine we sell is an MP8 at the lowest HP increment available”.

Edited by Mack Technician

9 minutes ago, Mack Technician said:

I’m saying get another Mack. If they want you to be happy by giving you a fantastic deal.......take it! You earned it. The law of statistics says you won’t get another lemon.

Quote of my Volvo/Mack factory trainer......”Longest lasting engine we sell is an MP8 at the lowest HP increment available”.

I understand what your saying; BUT; Volvo/Mack trainer wouldn’t be good enough for me, just sayin. I believe the lower hp probably helps a bunch but it REALLY clarifies the problem. I don’t mean NO harm; just telling my opinion!

• Thanks 1

Thanks guys for all your input, I ordered a new Mack Granite hope to have it at the end of October or first of November. fingers crossed.

Its to bad the wheel had to squeak so long to get greased , how ever at least it got some! Good luck with the new unit when it gets here bro! 

Thanks fjh I appreciate that