2018 mp7 turbo problems

mackcat12

Well at least they wont be in the same spot as the above post for a bit! :D only one thing to go wrong!:rolleyes:

I  for one will be curious how the above post will plays out the symptoms are similar to the repair we did to an older  truck last week which turned out to be a cracked DPF can ! in this case they would likely  have to replace the whole thing as its been sort of unitized!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Fjh I’m still waiting on Mack to figure out what’s wrong with my truck I am so aggravated it’s not funny, I guess I am going to have to contact someone higher up to see what my options are I’m ready for Mack to replace this truck  been dealing with this since December I believe I have a lemon 🍋 

They said there is a update but Mack told them not to do it until they analyze all the data, I have  had to go over there 2 times for them to ride along with the laptop hooked up to record data the last time they said the file was too big and wouldn’t send to Mack they had the truck a day and a half this week to check everything I went to pick it up yesterday and as soon as I pulled out of the lot the engine light came on I called guard dog connect and they said a code p1140 showed up for compression brake I will have to go back Monday and have that checked. We are waiting on Mack to analyze everything and will go from there again!!!

It Won't be the first time there has been programing issues with this stuff! They run within quite tight perimeters. We did a power upgrade on a truck last year and now the engine brake is weak on the truck we are still chasing this! We did yet another power upgrade on another truck and the truck wouldn't start afterwards they installed the wrong data file at their end ! The customer WAS livid ! Customer had the truck booked for the next day.Of coarse this happened at the end of the day and you can get a hold of anybody in Mack land to get the issue resolved! NOTE TO SELF don't reprogam at the end of the day it may backfire on you,:angry:

• Like 1

They keep telling me they think it’s software related who knows they have told me so much I don’t know what to think Friday they told me there was a code for clutch slippage and said if the clutch is slipping in the mdrive that it would disengage the turbo so I guess now I have transmission problems too  . If they don’t soon get this thing figured out I’m going to talk to someone at Mack about replacing this truck, I have lost so much money with all the down time and I have to use the truck with it not running right and that can’t be good for it I feel like that is creating more problems but I don’t have a choice I have to run it while I can  in between the dealership visits,they have it more than I do!! The dsm never did show up seems like nobody at Mack is too concerned about my truck  the service manager said there is 2 other trucks out there with the Same problem as mine

He finally called me today wants to set up a meeting for next Wednesday the service manager called me this morning and said e-service analyzed all the data from my truck and according to that it was running good.yeah right! Now they want to take it somewhere to put it on a dyno. I guess we will wait and see if the dsm shows up with that engineer before it goes to the dyno

• Haha 1

The dsm showed up today and i had a good discussion with him,he seemed to really know the truck he went over it and found soot on the clamp that holds the dpf filter in told them to order a new gasket for it and he wants them to remove the valve cover and check valve adjustment and do all the software updates and check T1 temps because pyro temperatures are too high and then I will take it Monday morning to be put on the dyno and we will go from there.

Ain’t that the truth!!!  They suppose to start on it tomorrow  I was driving it today and the power was so low it wouldn’t hardly get out of its own way and the new turbo is making a squealing sound now. Yesterday my fuel mileage was right at 8 miles per gallon I ran the same route today and it was 5.8 mpg and still no codes🤔

My dealer adjusted the valves installed a new gasket for the dpf filter and did all the updates, the new gasket stopped the squealing I was hearing  and the valve adjustment made it quieter other than that it’s still low on power bad lugging and vibration  really noticeable from 9th to 12 gear so I took it to another Mack dealer yesterday to be put on the dyno I was not impressed at all with them they maybe spent 20 min with my truck they wasn’t interested in anything I had to say,said it was getting the right power it’s a 425 hp and said they saw a high of 430 but they wouldn’t listen to me about the lugging and vibration.  They were supposed to send all the info to the dsm and he said he was going to have engineering look at it and call me  when they know something. I have been wondering if the Ecm got damaged from all the welding they done on the truck when the dump body and hitch was installed  I’m going to talk to them about that and see if they can check that out, so the saga continues!