Is there ANYONE out there in B model land who has a junk cab they would be willing to  sell the glove box hinges out of? Mine are completely missing. They are welded to the dash and would have to be cut out.

I'll even pay for shipping and for the time it takes to cut them out. Thanks in advance. 

Edited by Willie dog

1 hour ago, Hobert62 said:

I'd like to see a picture of what they are supposed to look like.    Mine just has a piano hinge screwed fast.   

I'd like to see a picture also. Must be a common thing to break. I had one left and it looked like a pretzel. 

They are welded to the dash frame and attach to the door by two screws. Hard to describe but they're there. 

Ugh, I was just playing with my glovebox last weekend.   For some reason it was outta whack so bad that every time I hit a bump it fell open.  Seems the latch tab at the top that the paw holds was bent out(curved) that it would not hold.  I removed that tab, straightened it and now it works perfect.  I had loosened the hinge screws to see if for some reason the lid had dropped down and the reason it would not stay latched.  

Ed, I see your latch hole is tweak just like mine.  The latch just move up/down and dent the metal.

Edited by Freightrain

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

3 hours ago, eddeere said:

Some pictures . I took the door out when I painted the interior but not the hinges . They seem to have one rivet and one possibly one screw on the bottom holding them. 

IMG_0091.JPG

IMG_0092.JPG

IMG_0093.JPG

That's how mine are supposed to be. Thanks for the picture. I might be able to make some if I can't find them.  Nice looking dash BTW. 

1 hour ago, Hobert62 said:

Mine is diffrent.  I don't have the glovebox boxed in the dash like Ed's.   Mine is mounted to the door, and opens with it.   It must be a b67 thing.   Kind nice nothing falls out and door stays closed under its own weight.  

image.thumb.jpg.faabea6998c2540b5f480f10cc1e1a6e.jpg

Strange how yours has the same damage around the latch opening that Ed and mine has with the big latch.  Hmmmm.  Is it a manufacturing flaw for all B dashes?

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/24/2017 at 3:19 PM, Keith S said:

I won't be using my glove box hinges - they're bent to hell, but workable. I'm replacing the glove box  door, hinges, and "glove box". I haven't cut them out yet: probably in January.

Are you still interested, and what parts do you need? 

Glove box.jpg

Thanks a million.  I need the hinges themselves, I'll take the door, latch, and box if they are any good. 

Look at where the hinges attach to the dash frame under the glove box area and see if the end is in fact welded to the dash frame. 

Again,  thanks a ton.