reno air show

mowerman

went to the show today,,,,hadda real good time ..guy i work with had 2 free tickets so ya man im in....im not a big airplane fan.....so i usually dont go..although i did go once when the blue angles were there ...thats something everyone needs to see.....thier incredible....breathtaking to watch......i like the old byplanes and military fighters especially the jet jobs....took like 20 pictures of old fighters from world war 2....phone battery quit after around 2 hrs....no big deal...although i would have liked to take a few more.....well now its over three of us left...walked all the way back to pickup...quite a hike....discovered i left the phone in the bleaches....walked all the way back....phone was gone.....checked lost and found nobody turned it in.... i called verizon had them turn it off ill deal with it in the morning....it was getting tired anyway...was ready for an update....i have an old flip phone im going to hookup tomorrow   temporarilly    till i get a new one next week......but sorry i had around 20 cool photos i was going to post....now im not sure....bob:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

• Like 2

Upps! So no phone no pics?

Hope the fun you got there cheered you up covering the dissapointment.

I attended air shows a few times myself. Modern jet fighters are my favorites. Once the weather was cloudy. So for the first you heard a thunder sound, than the jet appeared below the clouds. Flew in front of you for some 5 seconds making a heartbreaking figure and than momentally gone in the clouds. Still resting with the sound.

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

I went to the Smyrna air show in Tn back in the eighties ,they the blue angles,thunderbirds and the Canadian snow birds , we were sitting in the shade from a C5 ,that bugger is huge ,and the Russian one is bigger . Got to see it taking off from Dulles  few years back.

• Like 1

I saw a C5 Galaxy at whidby island air show years ago and from what I remember the guide telling us was the size difference between the c5 and whatever the Russian plane was (in the mid 90's) was negligible. Something like 5' difference in length or width. Either way very impressive plane. 

Edited by HeavyGunner
  • Like 1

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.