Field trip today

66dc75

Neat Place!!! At least, other than the stacks, it looks like he did not ruin the EF.. @ Diamond T's!! What chassis is under the Diamond T with regular headlights?? Ford F-600??? The other one it is hard to tell?? What would those headlights been of from???

Brocky

9 hours ago, Freightrain said:

Who puts a boat anchor 429 in a Galaxie??  Seems an FE does a really nice job.

I'm a bit fond of the Galaxies, I have two myself.

DSC_3583_cr.jpg

MVC-041S.JPG

Well Larry-taking my foot out of mouth now! I thought of your wagon after I posted that-100% Ford guy-just never liked the switch from the 63 to the 64-then loved the 65 "LTD".  As for FE's, second new car owned was a 68 Torino GT notchback-rare car-everyone bought fast backs.  428 CJ,  C-6 and 4:30's.  Car was delivered and company transferred me to Buffalo.  First snowfall, put car in drive and it would go sideways!

So what is that blower sitting on?

58 minutes ago, Red Horse said:

Well Larry-taking my foot out of mouth now! 

So what is that blower sitting on?

:P

I'm just a BIG car guy.   The '64 just grew on me after I bought the wagon in 1992 from the original owners sister.

wagonstock2.jpg

The black car has a 390 in it.

blkblower.jpg

Actually came from a '68 Galaxie, 2dr.   Motor is still standard bore, all original cast pistons!!  I put a mild cam in it that I had laying around.  It was a real budget bomber project.

• Like 1

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

10 hours ago, Freightrain said:

:P

I'm just a BIG car guy.   The '64 just grew on me after I bought the wagon in 1992 from the original owners sister.

wagonstock2.jpg

The black car has a 390 in it.

blkblower.jpg

Actually came from a '68 Galaxie, 2dr.   Motor is still standard bore, all original cast pistons!!  I put a mild cam in it that I had laying around.  It was a real budget bomber project.

Now THAT is a rare car! 68 390 so it was hydraulic lifters.  When I was in high school, friend bought a new 61 Starliner.  390, solids, I believe that was 375 Horse. gave us Ford guys something to smile about!

• Like 1

Ya, it was someone's "grandma" car.  Friend bought it and drove it daily.  Nice car, white, blue interior.  Just a 2bbl 390.  Seemed to have a knock in it, couldn't figure it out.  He wanted something else put in.  I had the 360 from my '69 F100 laying on the floor so I sold it and installed it.  He gave me the 390.  It had 50K miles and I pulled it apart and found nothing wrong. Still don't know what the problem was.  I freshened it up, double keyed the front of the crank, stuck a blower on it and bolted it in the car.  Presto-chango I had a hot rod.

Larry

5 hours ago, Freightrain said:

Ya, it was someone's "grandma" car.  Friend bought it and drove it daily.  Nice car, white, blue interior.  Just a 2bbl 390.  Seemed to have a knock in it, couldn't figure it out.  He wanted something else put in.  I had the 360 from my '69 F100 laying on the floor so I sold it and installed it.  He gave me the 390.  It had 50K miles and I pulled it apart and found nothing wrong. Still don't know what the problem was.  I freshened it up, double keyed the front of the crank, stuck a blower on it and bolted it in the car.  Presto-chango I had a hot rod.

And what kind of times would that 390 turn?         trans? rears?  You would probably know this- the '60 Starliner-360 horse-352 or 390?

It has a wide ratio toploader in it, 3.89 gears.  Never put good tires on it, so it spins............a lot!!  With only 5# of boost it is not a real barnstormer, but it does go 111 mph in the 1/4 mile.  ET was hideous at 14.0.  The MPH shows it should go 12.0 with some traction.  But, it is a time bomb with 1968 cast pistons so I don't abuse it very often.  Can't afford to build it better, so it has to survive the way it is.  I just drive it and enjoy it.

1960?  Likely a 352?  Don't think the 390 was around yet for couple years.

• Like 1

Larry