United Air Lines

other dog

I heard their stocks dropped $490 million since that happened. Good as far as I'm concerned. The airlines act like the gestapo and act like they're doing us a favor rather than we are customers. 

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

I read something on FB that actually United was not the actual people that got the guy off the plane.  He apparently also ran off and back on again and it was the Airport Police that actually restrained him.  There seems to be a real big back story to this that the news media is not showing(well, duh).

Like typical, if you just act civilized, discuss the situation, you can most likely not make the evening news.  Kicking and screaming is not a rational response for an adult.

• Like 1

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Many of the flight attendants really hate their jobs and are seething with anger.  There is always the announcement that it is a federal crime not to follow the instructions of the crew.  They almost dare you to object to anything they might say.  And I believe some look forward to asserting their authority by getting a passenger arrested.

Lobbyists have persuaded our representatives to fashion all these rules and regs that favor the airlines over their customers.

You may have "right" on your side and you have your "rights."  However, my advice is to be cautious about exercising your rights lest you end up spending a night in jail.

• Like 1

Maybe the Gate Attendant shouldn't have told the Chicago Aviation officers to  "remove  the passenger by doing what ever you need to do to avoid anymore delays"

Probably would have been cleaner for all involved to tazer and cuff him,

The officers lawyer and union rep said on the Morning Joe that  Mr Dao appeared to the officer to be a threat to him and all on board.

Edited by 41chevy

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

22 minutes ago, grayhair said:

Many of the flight attendants really hate their jobs and are seething with anger.  

If I had to put up with the general public everyday, I'd be pissed too!!!  No matter how tired, upset, bad day I've had, I get on my plane and say "Hello" and "thank you" when I leave.  Never had any bad situations(as of yet).   Act stupid, get stupid prizes.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

1 hour ago, Freightrain said:

I read something on FB that actually United was not the actual people that got the guy off the plane.  He apparently also ran off and back on again and it was the Airport Police that actually restrained him.  There seems to be a real big back story to this that the news media is not showing(well, duh).

Like typical, if you just act civilized, discuss the situation, you can most likely not make the evening news.  Kicking and screaming is not a rational response for an adult.

It was the Chicago pd who put the officer on leave instantaneously for poor conduct, then Uniteds president said there was now wrong doing anywhere in that removal. Yes the doctor was acting like a child but if you get to whoop on every dumb person who acts like a baby I've got a business idea. 

• Like 1

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The phone call the doctor was on was with United Airlines explaining his need to keep his seat. Still should have just manned up and take what he had coming for defying the polices orders. Lucky he has not been charged yet with assaulting a police officer, disorderly conduct, mayhem and an act of terrorism for re boarding after he was removed.  Think being a refugee from the fall of Saigon and almost 70 years old he would have more complacent with obeying orders.

Edited by 41chevy

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

3 hours ago, kscarbel2 said:

Law enforcement, including those blue jeans-fitted thugs, has no authority to remove a paying American passenger from his assigned seat who has committed no crime, at the request of United Airlines.

And, if the decision is to remove him from the plane, then you stand him up, handcuff him, and walk or carry him off.  Not drag him off, bouncing off things, causing a concussion and loss of teeth.  And, I didn't see any flight attendants asking the removal thugs to treat the guy any more carefully.  

And I suspect the CEO of United is a real dud, a lemon.  He keeps bouncing around from job to job suggesting no well-run company wants him in charge, wants this lemon running things.  He was president of CSX Corp. for 3 years only, 2 years only at AT&T, a stint at Coca Cola and also a stint at Pepsi.  I suspect he didn't voluntarily quit these jobs. He may have "re-accommodated" a few of the wrong people.

• Like 1

Heard on the news tonight the doctor suffered a broken nose, concussion and missing teeth. The United painted on all the planes is about to be renamed whatever this guys name is. 

• Like 1