Xmas in April......new fuel tanks

I had them duplicate a stock B model tank.  Only change was the step is about 2" narrower in width to allow for 2" straps instead of the stock 1 1/2" wide straps.  They don't offer 1 1/2" straps and they would likely overhang the stock step area with a 2" strap.

Once I get them home I will get better pictures.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

I have a matching air start tank(alum round).  I'll be a polishing fool come this weekend.  I'll have all the brackets back from powder coating the first of the week to start mounting things.  I anxious as hell to see what it looks like!  Plus to hear that ol air start screaming!!!

Larry

Yes, I was contemplating getting round tanks, but the cost for the brackets was a bit more then I wanted to pay.  The basic tank cost was the same.   They couldn't make a step tank like a B model though, I would have to put steps on the straps.  I just decided to go this route.  Pretty happy with them.

Larry

• 1 month later...

Thanks all.

A night shot after coming home last weekend.  Just unhooked and it started sprinkling.   I couldn't get it in the garage fast enough as it just poured about 1 minute later.  Of course the ol cellphone shot is a bit fuzzy....

IMG_20170513_214111_066_zpssvbwvwbe.jpg

Looks a bit better since you can't see the rust as well.

Edited by Freightrain
  • Like 2

Larry

Looks real good,Larry. Alumitank is a local outfit,only 15 miles or so away. Good people  with a great product. Had them build  a  tank  for the RD about  20 years ago. They go to most ATHS shows. Trying to get them to hit Macungie  as well.  Al  

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA