Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mrsmackpaul

Truckin with young Kirk

5 posts in this topic

I must stress I have no connection at all to this video I just came across this, this morning and thought "how wonderful a young bloke out and about spending time with his Dad"
I come from a different time when we all thought our Dads were the greatest men in the world and wanted to be like them and wanted to spend as much time with them as we could
I wouldnt mind betting young Kirk thinks his Dad is better than Super Man or who ever young blokes like today

And it just so happened young Kirk and his father were out and about in Superliner 
A couple of things of interest maybe at about 2.20 you see young Kirk belting the rims with a hammer this is to drop the bull dust out that collects on dirt roads and packs in the rims and spiders but drops out when you slow to go into towns on the bitumen road again so you pull up and belt the rims so the dirt stays out of town

We must have different height laws in Australia than the US as or trailers are a lot higher

We hear all to often about the young generation are gunna be no hoapers   or bludgers  all to often but I dunno if we have more kids spending more time with their Dads learning a work ethic I think we maybe ok
And they also get to see that as big and strong as Dad is work can still be shitty some days

Paul 

1 person likes this

Used to love riding with my dad on tow jobs in his old Diamond T! Especially at night it had a lot of lights!  I bought it from him for fifty bucks when he sold his business! Gave it back to him and he traded it for a 20 ton winch! I'll bet young Kirk will know how to drive a stick long before he can legally drive! Unlike the youngsters today!

1 person likes this

What a well done video of a very special time in one's life, both the son and father. Thanks for sharing that, it certainly reminded me of lots of trips with my uncle when I was young.