mack fleet

joes mack

the head lights on engine 1 was put in when the truck was refurbed at pierce they have strobe tubes in them which all the lights on it are strobes. I personally don't care for them I think it would be better if they would of put the strobes in a set of round ones.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Interesting comment about the computer shutting down! We have 2 newer engines a 2013 ME and a 2015 Pierce. The KME goes into limp whatever you want to call it ALL the time. thing is a total hunk of shit. We did our training with the Pierce rep his exact quote "there is no limp mode, it's full power to the grave". That's what I like to hear!!!!

Oh BTW very nice pack of dogs there!!

On 12/27/2016 at 10:03 PM, joes mack said:

the head lights on engine 1 was put in when the truck was refurbed at pierce they have strobe tubes in them which all the lights on it are strobes. I personally don't care for them I think it would be better if they would of put the strobes in a set of round ones.

Joe, I know what you mean. I don't like seeing "CF"s, "R"s, and "MC"s rehabbed with four rectangular headlights in place of the original round ones. The trucks are still nice but the wrong headlights detract

from their appearance. Sometime, how about photos of your tankers and stations. Thanks.

bulldogboy

We did our training with the Pierce rep his exact quote "there is no limp mode, it's full power to the grave". That's what I like to hear!!!!

Before you believe everything the rep says I'd ask him to prove it. The limp mode is part of the ECU and I seriously doubt the engine builder would allow it to be defeated.

• Like 1

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 9:35 AM, fxfymn said:

Before you believe everything the rep says I'd ask him to prove it. The limp mode is part of the ECU and I seriously doubt the engine builder would allow it to be defeated.

Son works at a DD shop. Said most emergency vehicles have computer set to NOT go into limp mode. No matter the situation.

May have 28 lites and codes but will continue operating at normal

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

On 1/19/2017 at 9:35 AM, fxfymn said:

Carl, it's now in 1901 that all computers must be programmed not to go into limp mode or regen while in pump gear. Whether that made it into older ECU controlled rigs I don't know

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

computers must be programmed not to go into limp mode or regen while in pump gear.

While in pump gear only? 

I'm leaning toward believing him. It's Detroit's power point presentation that contains the info. I assume DD wouldn't present it that way if it wasn't true.  

I stand corrected. Thanks. But I'm always very skeptical of what a sales person presents to the troops. They tend to be experts at telling them want they want to hear and then denying it when the actual rig turns out quite different. "Oh, yeah, a 30 hp VW engine will make this thing go from zero to 60 in five seconds." "What do you mean it won't go above 5 mph? I never promised you it would do better."

It definitely was not that way on the first and second generation of ECU rigs. We had several that went into limp mode while responding. 

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!