Pictures of the Week

other dog

I'm not for Dolly, I'm for the Superliner.

Regardless it's blurry it looks great!

Maybe that was the reason they loaded it with lumber of some special sort, not like the red truck had?

Thank you for the pictures.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

What do you think of the traffic pattern at Zion's Crossroads? I think it sucks and I would vote to make it normal-crossing over like that is just not normal. After they put it in some young girl got on the interstate and went the wrong way and I think the traffic pattern is what caused it. Saving one traffic light is not worth the confusion.

On 10/24/2016 at 2:56 PM, MHfred said:

What do you think of the traffic pattern at Zion's Crossroads? I think it sucks and I would vote to make it normal-crossing over like that is just not normal. After they put it in some young girl got on the interstate and went the wrong way and I think the traffic pattern is what caused it. Saving one traffic light is not worth the confusion.

Yeah, that's about the stupidest thing i've ever seen....well, that might be a stretch, but it's definitely strange!

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

On 10/24/2016 at 4:01 PM, glitchwrks said:

Yeah, it's confusing. We stopped there on the way back from Charlottesville not that long ago. I think the last time before that, it was just a McDonald's and a fuel depot on the one side, and a Burger King on the other!

Yes it was like that for a long time, now it's really getting congested, they got the Lowes and Walmart, the Walmart distribution center, a slew of new apartment buildings or something, and all in the last few years. I can still remember the traffic circle at rt.15 and 250, and that was it. The Crescent restaurant was there, a motel, and a gas station or two, that's all- and no stop lights!

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

On 10/23/2016 at 2:30 PM, other dog said:

so I took the stuff back out and put the frozen gallon jugs of water in the bottom, then put the food back in. They say you should keep a freezer full for best results- I'm not sure who "they" are- but I keep frozen water jugs in mine all the time, when I need the space I just take some out.

OK, I'll take a stab at being "they." Things are chilled, or cooled, or frozen by removing the heat from them.  In a freezer, the refrigeration system works to remove the heat from the the air in the enclosure.  The various items inside the enclosure gradually "equilibrate" or lose their heat down to the temperature of the cooled air that surrounds them.  The greater the volume of air inside the the enclosure, the harder the system has to work to keep it cold.   When you open the enclosure to add or remove things, the air inside quickly begins to warm (take on heat.)  Items inside that are frozen solid do not to take on heat nearly as quickly as does the free air.  So yes, keeping the freezer full is good practice.        

Edited by grayhair
  • Like 1