Push rod on brake chambers.

lakewood

Question

Hey guys so this is my first time chaNing an air cannister and I have a ?. I have my lines hooked up can is mounted push rod is pinned but the push rod does not move. None of it is inside the can. Any help would be great thanks!

20160607_232643.jpg

17 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, hatcity said:

did you cut the rod to proper length?

Yeah rod is cut proper. Everything on it looks good but the push rod won't go into the can. Slack adjuster isn't even moving it 

32 minutes ago, lakewood said:

Yeah rod is cut proper. Everything on it looks good but the push rod won't go into the can. Slack adjuster isn't even moving it 

if you can`t  move the push rod in and out with some effort you must not have the spring end caged

11 minutes ago, blackdog2 said:

Looks like the1/2 line on emerg side 3/8 service side port to the front is emergency check opp side

Is there a chance that newer canisters don't have the same hook up as the older one? 

14 minutes ago, blackdog2 said:

Looks like the1/2 line on emerg side 3/8 service side port to the front is emergency check opp side

Is there a chance that the newer can has a different or opposite hook up?

Guess n U installed the Can with the brakes applied

Chok the truck from rolling hook up the brake release pipe n release the parking brake

th@ way it will suk in the push rod

then U can adjust the slak adjuster n compare it with the other cans n stroke of the push rod

Hope U aint cut the push rod tooo short as they normally cum with a mile long push rod for U to trim to desired length

BUTT

WaddaEyeKno

LOL

cya

§wishy

• Like 1