One heck of an ugly load.

RowdyRebel

That is one nasty load. Glad I didn't have to haul it. Good job keeping it upright. Next time pass on that load of stuff if you can. 

• Like 1

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

Saw a guy with a load like that go around an on ramp a bit to fast and the load shifted so much they had to bring a forklift on another flatbed and restack it right on the ramp. He didn't make it 3 miles from the shipper.  Nice work shoring it up.

5 hours ago, HeavyGunner said:

That is one nasty load. Glad I didn't have to haul it. Good job keeping it upright. Next time pass on that load of stuff if you can. 

Ya know, if it weren't for the occasional challenge, this job would be downright boring. It is why I don't pull a dry box or run the interstates (if I can avoid it).

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

3 hours ago, Red Horse said:

Just out of curiosity-that is a lot of wire-what did it weigh?

BOL says 32K...not sure how accurate that is, because as long as there ain't no scales 'tween here 'n there, I generally don't fret over what stuff weighs.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

4 hours ago, Coenut said:

Saw a guy with a load like that go around an on ramp a bit to fast and the load shifted so much they had to bring a forklift on another flatbed and restack it right on the ramp. He didn't make it 3 miles from the shipper.  Nice work shoring it up.

See, now that's the difference between having a truck driver vs. a Certifiable Redneck Engineer at the scene...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, carlotpilot said:

the only safe way to haul that crap and rolled fencing is in a demo trailer

Sure ain't friendly to straps! Trying to get chunks of mudflap under all of the pointy little ends took longer than anything...and then, of course, when it shifted I lost a bunch of the mudflap chunks and poked holes in places that hadn't been anywhere NEAR the straps before...

Wreckers cost money, and if it takes too long you wind up PAYING to haul the load. Screw that. I'm in it for the money, so I ain't looking to move any freight that costs me more than it pays to move it.

I hauled a few loads like that from Joliet, Illinois to Winchester, Va. in the '80's. They would band the material to the trailer, with these big-ass heavy duty bands, at least an inch wide i'd say, then you'd still have to chain it- straps hadn't been invented then.

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.