Mack Dump, year and model

Newer than 73 because it has a Plus 3 cab.  Has the scoop for the tip turbine so it is probably an R686.  Thinking around 85 or so was the last for the scoop.

Probably hasn't moved because I don't see any fuel tanks.  There looks to be a tank for the hydraulic oil behind the cab and an outboard air tank on the driver's side.

No fuel, no move!

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

OK  Hadn't thought about the scraper blade.  Fairly rare deal in my neighborhood.

The steel butterfly hood was available for ease of maintenance under hood when running a plow frame because there is no room left to open a standard R fiberglass hood.  Because of the scoop, I think it is a 686 which would be ENDT676 engine with 285 HP.  Also, probably RD model for dump truck service.

• Like 1

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

2 hours ago, jessecam said:

On these County trucks we put the fuel tanks behind the cab to put on under body scraper blade. Didn't know fenders were that squared on the R. What engines were available in these models.

Optional through the dealer at the time. Factory or dealership installed. 

wardmacknose_zpsb311a309.jpghttp://mackwardsteelhoodconversion1988a_zpse9c3http://rdwardconversionb_zps9649c81a.jpg

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

16 hours ago, j hancock said:

Yeah, I thought about it but it sort of looks like a straight axle versus the driven axle of an RM.  Jesse needs to swing by and read the door tag for us.

I think your right, I will stop and see if i can get my next trip by there.