Next DOT Safety inspection

david wild

Heck, I've always got mine on my hip when I'm in the driveway wrenching on my truck. As long as the holster holds the weapon securely and covers the trigger guard, there is nothing inherently unsafe about it.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

I had an AR HP pull me over on a 2-lane a few years back when Dozer was still riding with me...never seen a cop move so fast in all my life as when he jumped up on the passenger side step and nearly got his nose took off by the 100 pound cop-hating dog. He was tripping over his own feet trying not to face-plant in the ditch as he jumped back off my truck. Once he regained his composure, he motioned for me to exit the truck and talk to him.

Anyway, at the end of the stop, he says he needs to have a look inside the truck. Well, Dozer wasn't having any of that. When I opened the driver's side door, there he was hunkered down & ready to pounce, EVERY hair on his body standing on end, ears pinned back, showing every tooth he had while growling and making it known he'd like nothing better than to be turned loose on that cop. I stood in the door holding his collar saying "good boy" while the cop was 12' back up on his tippy toes trying to see around me and the dog. That was the best look he was going to get at the inside of the truck...

Dogs can't get much better than ol' Dozer, that's for sure. It's a shame he had to retire from trucking...

• Like 1
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

BTW...heading outside to work on the Suburban. Have to weld some adapter brackets I made yesterday onto the drum brake packing plates to get the parking brake cables to work. Then, run all new cables and get the drums reassembled and the system bled.

IMG_20160515_114959.jpg

I was looking at the door on a inspectors car it said it was ESTABLISH in 1907 I ask who were you chasing Jessie JAMES with that big gun tell them they should open the tolls so they get their jobs back . I had a Sergent inspect my 78-r model 1970 Fruehauf dump for1.5 hrs when done he said wow who does the work I do he ask were did I work I told him I was laid off by a MAJOR oil company that didn't need mechanics any more  and later found out he put 3 tank trailers out of service and to be pump off . HE was a nice guy and ask if I  had any questions I said  1 did you inspect your EXPEDITION this morning YUP !! your missing a valve cap on your front tire !lets get it fix.

Ed

Don't get me wrong I have plenty of guns, just think it is not needed to inspect my truck, at this rate they will put you in cuffs just to make sure you don't attack them or something. trucking is a business, they treat it like a crime. I expect to be treated like a business person, I operate my business that way and not like thug. 

• Like 1

Seriously tho,what if if one of them so called expert truck inspectors get hurt while under your truck,like maybe get his fingers stuck and busted up in a slack adjuster if  you so happen to step on the brake at the wrong time..wonder if they can sue your ars, or if they are armed maybe they can just shot you with there good hand!!

2 hours ago, david wild said:

Don't get me wrong I have plenty of guns, just think it is not needed to inspect my truck, at this rate they will put you in cuffs just to make sure you don't attack them or something. trucking is a business, they treat it like a crime. I expect to be treated like a business person, I operate my business that way and not like thug. 

You are exactly right about that, i've been stopped by a few police and DOT men who were fairly polite, but for the most part they treat you like a common criminal right from the start. I've heard people say "treat them with respect, and you'll get the same." Bullshit! I'm always nice, polite, and respectful to the officer if I get stopped for anything, but seldom get treated with any respect by them in return.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I will also ask for a copy of their workers comp policy before getting near my truck, since I have to have one to go on to anyone's property or touch anything that's not mine, let them operate like we have to. I hate to use this word but let them act in a professional business manner.