Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kscarbel2

Nikola Motors natural gas-electric hybrid Class 8 truck

53 posts in this topic

Wow, yeah, it's crazy.  Every where I look there's a new hydrogen fuel station.  (Not.)  I've been all over TX, OK, and FL in the last 6 months and haven't seen any construction work on any of these new hydrogen refueling stations.  Zero, zip, nada.  Gotta buy the properties, get local approvals and permitting for tanks with explosive materials, etc.  Maybe there will be hydrogen trucks long before there is actually a place to refuel them.  "Hello, is this Pilot Truck Stop on I-20?  Yeah, good, listen, I'm about 15 miles east of you. Can you bring me 40 lbs. of liquid hydrogen?  Hello?  Hello?  Damn, I think he hung up on me." 

ascam2.JPG.9f47f14739ccbe198ce7a5693c323684.JPG

Edited by grayhair

Well guys I do know a guy who has recently constructed a hydrogen receipt facility of some sort just off I-495 just before Lowell MA.  He did the civil work (ground, concrete).  I think the customer may have been Praxair.  Obviously this thin g was not built because of "hydrogen class 8s" but there are other needs for hydrogen.

I'll see if I can get more details.

There seems to be a distinct lack of stations along the east coast. The concentration of those littles will have to increase 10 fold.