Got duct tape?

So I noticed my visor was a little wobbly...and upon further investigation, the sheet metal of the cab roof it's bolted to is tearing. So, visor is off (for now) and the hole is duct taped ('til I get a round tuit) pending a little fun with the welder to get 'er patched up right. Gotta weld up a crack on the door, too, right above the top hinge...but that's been that way for a while. If I can snag a door from a 99 or older CH (with a clean title, of course) then the door will be a moot point. Always wanted a kick vent (no AC) and with the pending e-log mandate, now is as good a time as any. Anyways, some pics:

IMG_20160411_185320.jpg

IMG_20160411_183318.jpg

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Tractor Supply has Round2its in both SAE and Metric on sale. Buy one and get the official Round2it excuse book.   Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I thought it was fiberglass...but it ain't. Not sure if it's aluminum or steel...guessing aluminum because there ain't a hint of rust on it. Whatever it is, it's been on there since before I bought it, so whether it's OEM or not, I haven't a clue.

Edit: Upon further inspection, it does appear to be fiberglass. Sure is a HEAVY S-O-B to NOT be made out of some sort of metal.

Edited by RowdyRebel
  • Like 1
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

• 3 weeks later...

The driver's side door (with the VIN tag) would be the one I'd be interested in....especially if it comes with the matching clean title for a CH that is a 1999 or older...first because it should have the kick vent (I don't have AC, so anything/everything I can do to encourage outside air to flow into and through the cab in the summer helps) and second to register the truck as a 1999 or older to avoid the ELD mandate.  Even better if it is white with the tan interior, although that can be fixed easy enough with a can of paint and swapping the interior panel I've already got on this truck.  Haven't had the lower half of it in for some time now...every once in a while the exterior door handle will quit working and I've got to fix it, and NOT having to remove that lower half of the panel makes it a 5 second fix once I crawl in through the passenger side to open the door.

20 hours ago, RowdyRebel said:

The driver's side door (with the VIN tag) would be the one I'd be interested in....especially if it comes with the matching clean title for a CH that is a 1999 or older...first because it should have the kick vent (I don't have AC, so anything/everything I can do to encourage outside air to flow into and through the cab in the summer helps) and second to register the truck as a 1999 or older to avoid the ELD mandate.  Even better if it is white with the tan interior, although that can be fixed easy enough with a can of paint and swapping the interior panel I've already got on this truck.  Haven't had the lower half of it in for some time now...every once in a while the exterior door handle will quit working and I've got to fix it, and NOT having to remove that lower half of the panel makes it a 5 second fix once I crawl in through the passenger side to open the door.

i`m no help rowdy door i have is for right side no title either