Mack Replaces Freightliner...

Terry T

I find this interesting because NASCAR has used MACK's for years to pull their haulers. The dealership is slipping my mind right now that has been a NASCAR partner for decades.

http://nascar.nbcsports.com/2016/02/16/nascar-fan-truckers-voices-heard-in-mack-deal/?utm_network=facebook&utm_post=5150390&utm_source=FB%20-%20Nascar%20on%20NBC&utm_tags=srm%5Bnascar%2Carticle%5D

You thinking of Housby Mack ?

• Like 1

Housby Mack is in Des Moines,IA. Jack Housby was a big Nascar supporter. I'm pretty sure his son Kevin Housby even raced,I do know they had a car.

Yep. There was a personal relationship between the Housby & France families at one point too I believe. Housby also was a sponsor on some of the NASCAR themed shows on TNN (Now Spike) back in the 1990's.

• Like 1

These kind of deals usually are in the favor of the big boy's in this case Nascar anyway. Are they not? If I'm not mistaken it's kind of a bidding war to see who gets to hitch their ponies up to Nascar's wagons. Those trucks are probably next to free in lieu of Mack or whom ever getting to publicly state their trucks are pulling for the "go fast turn left" officials. I would have like to have seen both trucks be set forward CHU's but they look good none the less. Last ones I saw were the Superdog's with E9's. Those were classy.

• Like 1

They are still print pic's (I haven't scanned them yet) but I have pics from several different years of about 1/2 dozen Mack CH613's that have been pulling the NASCAR haulers for the past decade and a 1/2. That's why I found it odd that Freightliner has been the official truck recently.

• Like 1