My Mack fire apparatus photo album

GA_Dave

I like that Kingsport ladder; I also saw that "U" model badge on the cab. I wonder what was in that space on the bumper on the Columbus "CF" tractor? Looks like something was

removed, a compartment of some sort? Kind of a different location for that light bar on the tractor.

bulldogboy

5 hours ago, bulldogboy said:

I like that Kingsport ladder; I also saw that "U" model badge on the cab. I wonder what was in that space on the bumper on the Columbus "CF" tractor? Looks like something was

removed, a compartment of some sort? Kind of a different location for that light bar on the tractor.

bulldogboy

DAT'S an attention getter

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

22 hours ago, j hancock said:

Any chance that the B95 convertible above is a B405 or B475 with Chrysler power? 

The wheels sure look like the style from those two models.

Thanks!  Your question forced me to dig further to confirm the facts.  Corrections have been made.  That photo was taken over 25 years ago and my information gathering skills in those days were rather weak.  The wheels may have been a clue, but not definitive.  I have seen B-85's and B-95's with the disc wheels, but in this case you are correct.  I found a couple photos of B-475's that went to the Navy that are literally identical to the Gwinnett rig, with the exception of the chrome pump panel, which could have easily been added at a later time.  There were 42 B-475's built. 

• Like 1