Tire Explosion- Salem, NH

Red Horse

You can get hurt using either but it's unlikely it will create a huge exsplosion. Using either, you're actually working with a lot lower pressures than you are with even a partially inflated tire.

Tires are dangerous but can be worked with relitively safe if you just use some precautions. I'll contiue to change my own tires because shops want a fortune to do it for you.

If it is used common sense. The first tire of mine the tech did was a huge flash because the ether was sprayed from a distance and lit off with the ether can as a baby flame thrower. Most everything works relatively safe if done with for thought and sensibility.

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I don't mess with suicide rims ( the ones that has the split in the middle of the rim) but the ones with the rings I keep tapping on the ring while seating the tire 10-20 psi max then install on truck and finish airing them up, if it blows the ring off it will be on the inside duels. but this doesn't work on the front.

Everyone who checks there own tires should have a remote hose and a clip or locking air chuck

I always use a clip on chuck to inflate any split rims I have mounted. I place the tire/rim on the ground with the valve stem facing down, attach the air chuck, and then turn the air hose on from at least 50 feet away. I have never had one fail, but sometimes the bead seating will cause a slight bowel loosening.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

have used the ether trick in the past myself. place I work now has a cage but we never use it. we do service work and are usually mounting tireson the side of I90. usually flip the rim over , stem facing down, long chuck with long hose. we use a cheetah or cheeter tank also to get the bead seated. we run across a lot of Chinese garbage 19.5's 22.5s and 24.5 now a days to. they are the worse bastard to mount. the money saved is not worth it as you fight your ass off mounting them especially the 19.5's.

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

If it is used common sense. The first tire of mine the tech did was a huge flash because the ether was sprayed from a distance and lit off with the ether can as a baby flame thrower. Most everything works relatively safe if done with for thought and sensibility.

Setting them off with ether can also do damage to the tire itself. Broken belts will cause a shake/out of round or possible failure down the road.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 2