Making a CH613 a SFA from a SBA? Could it be done?

I'm getting to the point of needing new springs, repainting my truck, replacing the fuel tanks (or repairing their dents). But with all the work in my future, I was thinking while I'm at it, how hard would it be to convert my SBA (Set Back Axle) to a SFA (Set Forward Axle)?

I know I need the 1.Hood, 2. Bumper, and 3. Shorter drag link (from the steering box to the steering knucle) And then move the battery and fuel tanks forward and add a second battery box on the pass side. And I'm assuming I can re-use my current steering axle? Am I missing anything?

i have done this to a few trucks it"s not that bad of a job to do everything just moves forward 18 inches. You wont need to add battery box to rigt side the air tank moves forward front axle is the same the oil pan needs to be turned around oil pump changed to rear sump. The pieces that bumper bolt to at the frame and top part that shock bolts to are different you will also need the front mud flap hangers and pieces they atach to. If you have any questions you can call me at 417 880 4862 Joey Sherman

your oil pump and pan are the same just need turned around. I didn't spend a lot doing mine but I just shopped around till I found a sfa truck in salvage yard and got my parts cheep.I think it was about 2000 for parts new back in 2011not including hood and bumper. I think I still have parts list and numbers I could fax you

• 3 years later...