Stalling Engine e350 Mack 1984dm688sx

Monk31

While driving on highway truck lost power press fuel pedal nothing happened truck stalled out . I then tried to start it wouldn't start unless I pressed fuel pedal almost to floor then it ran very rough idle shaking and wanting to stall out it would only stay running if I pulled throttle lever and kept it around 8,000 rpm . Any ideas I replaced transfer pump last year and fuel filters in August bad injector pump maybe I have been told fuel filters. I recently ran truck almost empty and used 2 5 gallon cans from crew truck to not run out . Then I filled up the following day. The symptoms briefly happened this past weekend truck ran fine then sat for 2 days . Thanks for any suggestions I also been getting a little puff of white smoke at startup

Edited by Monk31

first you got work out what the problem is I agree sounds like its sucking air have a real good look along all fuel lines for some damage

maybe something has come off the governor inside the injector pump but I would check the obvious things first

If you cant find a air leak hook a small drum of fuel hang it up high and try to see if you can get it to run like that

Paul

• Like 1

Got the truck up and running ,replaced fuel lines and transfer pump was bad. Bought new transfer pump from Mack $470 with tax . Up and running thanks for the responses and help.

Edited by Monk31
  • Like 1

• 10 months later...