Jeep Finally Builds Wrangler-Based Pickup

kscarbel2

6 hours ago, kscarbel2 said:

I can't answer your question.

However, I'd like to know how I start out attempting to post a interesting thread on Jeep pickups......and end up with one BMT member focused on bashing another member?  Where'd that come from? That was never my intent in posting about Jeep pickups. I have a personal interest in Jeep's pickup heritage, then and now, and thought some other BMT members might share my interest.

C'mon man, we're all better than that......you're better than that. We're all a little different.....the world would be an awful dull place if we were all the same. And if we can't get along, the BMT family, in this otherwise dysfunctional world, then what's left???

Where was the “bashing” here? I don’t agree that it is a toy and I’m not constantly riding everybody’s ass if they don’t drive the same vehicle that I do so I disagreed admittedly with sarcasm and only my post gets deleted? Let’s not forget who’s been kicked off here multiple times because they can’t get along with anybody on here with a view that is different than their own. I love jeeps and like the idea of this pickup. If it gets anywhere close to our 2013 jk you should see 18-22mpg on the highway which is nothing to sneeze at. 

Edited by HeavyGunner
Spelling

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

4 hours ago, kscarbel2 said:

Isn't that a J20 Paul? I didn't think they built a 1-ton in 1981.

I'd like to acquire a clean M715.

No J30. One of 40 build for the State Universities of New York as supervisors vehicles, hence the loaded option list and the NYS Green. Full floating rear, 8 bolt wheels but singles. The State bailed on half the order and I picked it up as a left over for $500 over sticker from Westbury Jeep AMC.

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

35 minutes ago, kscarbel2 said:

The learning never ends. I had no idea that VAM, Jeep's licensee in Mexico, produced this troop carrier which placed the front of a CJ5 atop a J4000 chassis with its pickup bed......the J3M.

Photo 5.jpg

VAM J3Mg.gif

Mexico also purpose build Jeep CJ aircraft tugs.  3/4 ton rears, 8 lug wheels.

1381190567417729384.thumb.png.d39193dd8da0f4b0d701959ba74c4f26.png

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

The CJ-10 airport tug I knew about. However I didn't know there were other versions of the CJ-10.

And that Nissan Diesel SD33 is the same engine that was optional in the International Harvester Scout (1976-1979). I almost bought one of those.

http://www.fourwheeler.com/project-vehicles/129-1210-the-elusive-jeep-cj-10/

http://www.fourwheeler.com/features/1508-big-ten-the-last-cj-10-jeep-encyclopedia/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kscarbel2 said:

The CJ-10 airport tug I knew about. However I didn't know there were other versions of the CJ-10.

And that Nissan Diesel SD33 is the same engine that was optional in the International Harvester Scout (1976-1979). I almost bought one of those.

http://www.fourwheeler.com/project-vehicles/129-1210-the-elusive-jeep-cj-10/

http://www.fourwheeler.com/features/1508-big-ten-the-last-cj-10-jeep-encyclopedia/

And the Jeep licensed build Mitsubishi CJ3B powered by a Mitsubishi Diesel from 1954 to around 1990.

Also the NC-1A Carrier Tug and the MD-1 Turbine starter tug. Both based on the WWII Willys

Japanese-Jeep-gear-patrol-full-lead-1940x1300.thumb.jpg.7a888af9cbee1beea013f6b25733fe93.jpg

NC-1Acloseup.JPG.05cb9fb6c01e5b5f6bf15001709c8341.JPG

• Like 1

P.T.CHESHIRE

1 hour ago, Hayseed said:

Don't Mahrinda (from India) do a Jeep knockoff..???

Mahindra has been building them under license since 1947. They just brought back the original WWII style Jeep for off road use only. Plus the baby Jeep the Mahindra dealers sell here.

legacy-of-Thar1.thumb.jpg.2bac20cd247b79f080ca884e6060f180.jpg

awroxor-2119.thumb.jpg.687a06b10bf4de1cc4dc2c048eb0766d.jpglegacy-of-Thar15.thumb.jpg.b96d8facae0cdefa767b1fa9a4beec08.jpg

• Like 1

P.T.CHESHIRE

Jeeps have been built and/or assembled around the world by various companies.

Edited by 41chevy
  • Like 1

P.T.CHESHIRE

FCA still builds a few RHD Jeeps for U.S. rural mail carriers, currently they're offering RHD Cherokees. The last of the old model RHD traditional Jeep "Wranglers" have been built out and grabbed up, FCA says they'll be offering RHD versions of the new Wrangler when production ramps up.

On 11/29/2018 at 9:56 PM, 41chevy said:

Mexico also purpose build Jeep CJ aircraft tugs.  3/4 ton rears, 8 lug wheels.

1381190567417729384.thumb.png.d39193dd8da0f4b0d701959ba74c4f26.png

Now this is bad-ass! I used to mud bog, and do some trail riding- AKA riding the local logging roads through the woods, creeks, and hills- and this looks like it would be pretty bullet-proof for doing all that, shouldn't have to worry about breaking an axle, that's for sure. 

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

1 hour ago, other dog said:

Now this is bad-ass! I used to mud bog, and do some trail riding- AKA riding the local logging roads through the woods, creeks, and hills- and this looks like it would be pretty bullet-proof for doing all that, shouldn't have to worry about breaking an axle, that's for sure. 

I like the export version CJ-10 pickup more. No-nonsense pickup like the LandCruiser 70 Series pickup (https://www.toyota.com.au/main/landcruiser-70).

There's a nice sized market in North America for the more affordable Land Cruiser 70 Series (versus the luxury Land Cruiser 200), but Toyota fails to grasp that.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Maxidyne said:

There's a real need for the kind of maneuverable 4x4 work truck the Jeeps, Land Rovers, etc. used to be... Sadly they've deserted those missions.

Well, you're right. In my opinion, the old Jeep CJ's were very capable off road vehicles but they tipped over a lot because you'd see lots of kids cruising down the interstate doing 70 mph in them, arms and legs hanging out, no seat belts used, because it was just cool to be seen in a Jeep, and they'd try to make a high speed maneuver and capsize. And- again, just my opinion- if you wanted a vehicle to cruise down the interstate at 70 mph, a Jeep CJ should not have been your vehicle of choice anyway. But, people did use them to run 70 mph. down the interstate, so Jeep made them lower, safer, more stable, which in turn made them a far less desirable off road vehicle.

• Like 2

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

On 11/30/2018 at 7:50 PM, Hayseed said:

Don't Mahrinda (from India) do a Jeep knockoff..???

Mahindra is now selling a cj5 version here in the states. I saw some recently and then read somewhere that Jeep fca was trying to sue mahindra because they were cutting into their sales

• Like 2

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

1 hour ago, TS7 said:

Todays Land Rover is not a 4x4 work truck. Do they still build a real 4x4 model?

No. The Toyota 70 Series now has the old Land Rover market share, as well as the impressive market share it earned on its own.

https://www.landrover.co.za/vehicles/index.html

http://www.toyota.co.za/mobi/vehiclemodels?smc=71A

http://www.toyota.co.za/mobi/vehiclemodels?smc=62M

http://www.toyota.co.za/mobi/vehiclemodels?smc=62S

https://toyotakuilsrivier.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/land_cruiser70.pdf

• Like 1