END673 weight question

Good morning guys. I am in the process of removing the engine and trans from my B73. As they were both working fine, I was thinking of pulling them both out together, and not separating them. Can anyone give me a rough weight estimate? I would like to try a manual chain hoist instead of the payloader. Thinking of purchasing a 5 ton chain hoist for this project. Just trying to figure out if this has been done by anyone before, or if I should not attempt to do it together. I want to get them out in order to scrape off 50 years of grease on the frame before a good sandblasting and repaint. Then the goal is to clean up the engine and trans, paint and reinstall into the frame.

Thanks for any input.

I picked and placed the 707 and 5 speed in the fire engine as a unit. I did have a loader and operator at my disposal as some poking and prying was needed by me to get it free and then back in place. I don't know the exact weight but it is far less than 5 tons. I would believe that conservatively 5000# is close to the weight. Working with a 3 ton or greater set of gear should get it done in my humble opinion. Someone here may have the actual numbers...what transmission is it? A quadbox will be a bit more hefty.

Thanks for the response. I was thinking that a 3 or 5 ton hoist would be sufficient. I am going that route vs the loader, as I want a bit more control over what is going on and I can keep it in the shop. The trans is an 18speed quadruplex.

673 ci engine is about 1 metric ton.

TRD 10 speed tranny is nearly 600 kilograms.

18 speed might be heavier.

You will not go over 2 metric ton anyway.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Thanks for all the info guys. Much appreciated.

I scraped my 711 a few weeks back it was exactly 1600 but it had everything removed no exhaust manifold,water pump,oil cooler,injector pump,air compressor,bell housing,clutch. I was able to lift a fully dressed 237 minus the clutch with a one ton hoist.