superliner hood

I have tried to re glass this area a few times i have found that if you put a short mack mudflap behind after the repair and drill thru the hinge plate and use carriage type bolts it works much better to hold it together....check my pictures out to see how they are put in on blue trucks.also it stops road spray from coming out and covering the bumper...

• Like 2

ya,,,,,fiberglass,,,is very fixable,,,not a problem,,,but if your not familiar with it,,, i would try to find some one to give you some good advice,on the repair,,,as this other fella suggested,,,such as dish out where the cracks are,,,with a grinder,,and overlap the fiberglass,and make it thick,,,and of coarse remove the nose...good luck..bob

Be sure if you do it or have a shop do the fiberglass that is a commercial marine grade cloth, mat and resin that is used. Much stronger than the typical automotive fiberglass products. Takes more flex and shock the typical "corvette type" fiberglass. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

yeah,don't know why either.most of the hood trouble I've seen on the Superliner I is cracking ang chipping along the edge that meets the cowl

Probably the 90 degree corners in the square headlight light bucket holes. Less stress on the rounded headlight bucket holes. No sharp corner stress points.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

yeah,don't know why either.most of the hood trouble I've seen on the Superliner I is cracking ang chipping along the edge that meets the cowl

Any recommendations for the rubber buffer/bumper trim that runs around the cowl to cushion the hood? Mine has some cheap-ass stripping that is cracking and flopping all over the place. Seems there should be some good universal rubber strip that a guy could buy... and adhesive recommendation too???

• Like 1

Fun is what they fine you for!

My name is Bob Buckman sir,. . . and I hate truckers.

Any recommendations for the rubber buffer/bumper trim that runs around the cowl to cushion the hood? Mine has some cheap-ass stripping that is cracking and flopping all over the place. Seems there should be some good universal rubber strip that a guy could buy... and adhesive recommendation too???

Can't say if the seal is available but if you get rubber you can use 3M Weather Strip / Trim adhesive #08011 for Black or #08008 for 3M Super Weather Strip Adhesive

P.T.CHESHIRE

• 7 months later...