Mahan's Open House

41chevy

Any one else on the invite list for the Mahan Collection Open House on August 22?

Mahan Collection

53 Cross Road, Basking Ridge, NJ

Saturday, August 22, 2015

10:00am to 3:00pm

Invite only, with approved guests

Food will be provided at no charge

PARKING IS LIMITED – PLEASE CARPOOL

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

First time I ever got an E mail from Kathryn Mahan and Alba, with an invite with an RSVP and a count on guests you want to bring to the open house.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

No, no!! Only one piece at a time :)

The tracks and pins.

• Like 2

P.T.CHESHIRE

I did not receive an invite, but I did take Vlad there when he was here 2 years ago, right after Macungie.....(at the invitation of their Chief Mechanic/Caretaker who happens to be a member on here, forgive me I cannot remember your screen name or real name....???) and if you have the opportunity you MUST see the Mahan Collection!!!

• Like 1

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

I enjoyed a visit to Gary Mahan's collection several years ago with a club chapter that I am a member. A lot of great vehicles to check out to say the least!

Near the end of our tour, Gary and several club members and myself all sat on a transport trailer to discuss how he found many of the trucks in his collection and some of the history of the units.

• Like 1

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

People may not like the man but I found him gracious. I was there for 3 days in March. He opened the place to me, gave me a man to help me take measurements and photos of the Christe AC. Second day he had the area set up so I could do 1 to 1 scans of certain parts. Day 3 was a tour and B.S. session on AC's and Christe. I could not have gotten better treatment. People consider him arrogant, well maybe he is, maybe he isn't. Maybe it is how you act towards him, don't know. He treated me as an equal. He has saved a lot of trucks and equipment and IMO for that he deserves kudos.

• Like 2

P.T.CHESHIRE

I can myself can say only warm words about my visit to Bskin Ridge.

We were invited, were shown of everything in 3 big sheds, were allowed to crawl over rusty truck remains in the back yard (wich was better called a side yard). Garry's mechanic/caretaker, than Garry himself and Garry's son spent a while to show out the collection and told some stories and so on. In the end we all were offered with custom-printed T-shorts with the pics of Macks from the collection.

All in all it was a great day and those folks seemed to me very care full about their guests.

I well remember when Garry said "No matter a man has a truck or 20 trucks. The most interesting thing he has an interest and love to antique trucks".

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

I stopped there on my way to Macungie this spring with some guys taking our trucks down, Gary met us and gave us the keys to his barns and we wandered through them all. He was very gracious to us and we had a great time.

Anyone have a picture of him, i may have talked to him at Macungie but there are so many people there it is hard to remember names. he does have some nice trucks. I love that orange Superliner that he has.