New Master Cylinder..

firenut

Anyone know how i convert the Mack part number for an 85LS pumper, master cylinder??the casting number is FE-1575 but there are lots of variations to that casting.. not looking to send to white post, as the original is too far gone... found them online but dont know which one... the mack number is 8QE44..

thanks in advance..

I think Matt Pfahl had the front part of an engine with juice brakes in it a few years back. You could see if he has it and will part with it. I'd guess that unless it's completely totaled, the old one could be salvaged...Is it really that bad? I'd also google the casting number and compare pictures to ones available if any...Maybe the local old school parts store?

That's all I've got...good luck.

Greg

Anyone know how i convert the Mack part number for an 85LS pumper, master cylinder??the casting number is FE-1575 but there are lots of variations to that casting.. not looking to send to white post, as the original is too far gone... found them online but dont know which one... the mack number is 8QE44..

thanks in advance..

Forget the casting number.

When you called your Mack dealer, were they able to cross 8QE44 over to the Wagner number via part number supercession, or their old paper Mack-to-Vendor crossover book?

FE-1575 is the Wagner Casting Number. Available new , less the available dust boot kit

post-3242-0-40320400-1435885613.jpeg

post-3242-0-09823900-1435885619.jpg

post-3242-0-85063900-1435885741.jpeg

Link to company

http://www.powerbrake-drivetrain.com/master-cylinder-wagner-fe1575-951/

• Like 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Fxfymn... Did you get a specific one?? There are many variants to the 1575...

If you call the phone number in the link, they need the year, make and VIN so they give you the exact #1575 master cylinder for your vehicle.

Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE