Interesting the Air Filter behind the exhaust .But where else would it fit! Paul

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Pretty interesting setup.

Was it a factory built vehicle?

And is it alive now?

I can't say it looks bad with that short nose.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

I Assume this short nose is only for Israel, was made in Mack Ashdod, Israel.

there were several units with short nose, the filter is the rear there was no other palce to put it.

The top one road train was empty, when trailers full with Potash the GCVW is 90-100 ton.

these two pictures are from different vehicle, it's very hard to kill Mack.

Paul,

you are right, the unusual set of headlights up in the hood does not fit Israel requirements, this RW raw where the only ones came this way.

I think there were a few V8, but most cummins. i will try to figure it out.

the Mack straight six engines where never powerful enough

Some of the Superliners had E9, V8 engines with Mack Gearbox with 5 gears X 3 ratios at a button on the gear lever.

this button had the tend to find a "neutral" between the ratios, not that funny when going downhill.

however this gearbox (what's it's name? TRTXL?) was to weak for the E9 and and weight of the road train.

Thse superliners had also Thelma retarder

• Like 1

Guy most the Mack road trains and heavy haulage units out here in Australia right up until the E9 were were Mack six cylinders 320 Coolpower as we called them

They were either Maxidyne or Thermodyne most believe were the thermodyne and even after the E9 400 hp was released the 320 Thermodyne was still a big seller and some were even put into super liners the gross weight of the road trains were 115 ton max

I always felt the fitment of a Thelma retarder would be a big advantage to a Mack motor the dynatard is pretty useless

Paul

• Like 2

Paul,

In Israel they use in 1959 Autocar with 200 HP to pull road trains to Eilat in much hard route than today, same GCVW - about 90 tons

means it can be done, but in one uphill needs to disconnect one trailer and than drive downhill to take it re connect to the 1st one and hit thew road, sometimes for 11 hours.

In the past ~50 years there is +- flat road but they have to be productive and save time without changing gears and move slowly, the road to Eilat is very packed compare to Australia outback..

The Long hood RW's of Mifalely Tovala had E9 with 440 HP.

Other companies that got long hood RW use Cummins and strait 6 cyl Mack engines.

• Like 1

Wonder what the reason was behind the bonnet being like that did they have them like that anywhere else in the world ??

I found a picture on the internet that shows a short hood white superliner in Mexico. it looks like a standard R model cab but the hood was contoured at the cowl to accommodate the cab. I think I saved it let me look....

I found a picture on the internet that shows a short hood white superliner in Mexico. it looks like a standard R model cab but the hood was contoured at the cowl to accommodate the cab. I think I saved it let me look....

Those were the Superliners built by Traksomex I think.....

• Like 1

Fun is what they fine you for!

My name is Bob Buckman sir,. . . and I hate truckers.

I never heard of Traxsomex? I assume a Mexican company that assembled Macks?

Yeah, they were a Mexican bus manufacturer that sold some Superliner 1's... Not very common, I've tried to run down info on them, but so far have only found a few pics and no production #'s.

http://www.modelforum.cz/viewtopic.php?f=151&t=55277&start=15

You have to scroll down to see a pic of one.

Fun is what they fine you for!

My name is Bob Buckman sir,. . . and I hate truckers.

Yeah, they were a Mexican bus manufacturer that sold some Superliner 1's... Not very common, I've tried to run down info on them, but so far have only found a few pics and no production #'s.

http://www.modelforum.cz/viewtopic.php?f=151&t=55277&start=15

You have to scroll down to see a pic of one.

That's pretty interesting post about South and Central American trucks. I haven't heard about those marks.

The language is Czechian since that's Czechian model building site.

There's written "Traksomex" produced those trucks in 80's years assembling them of Mack parts of different models. Cummins engines were used".

But if you look at the pic the hood length is normal. Interesting is that RW hood is adapted to the classic R-model cab.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012