"I suggest you work quickly!"

RowdyRebel

Why is it one needs to "threaten" to get good service? I run into the same thing with SIRIUSXM. I been a subscriber for about 20 years. And each time my subscript comes up for renewal I have to "threaten" to cancel my service. Usually I talk to the "cancellation department" and it is weird, they can renew at a reduced rate. Go figure!

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Yup. That's what I told the Dish Network rep on the phone.

Got home last night and my service had been cut from "top 200" down to local programming and of course the family was none too happy. I figured it had something to do with the $10 I shorted them last month ($5/week I was without Fox News). Turns out it was...they started telling me I needed to pay that $10 before they could reinstate service. I assured them that wasn't happening. I have Dish for 3 reasons: Nascar, Fox News, and RFD TV. The other 194 channels are either blocked or the family watches....but since I'm the one paying the bill, what they want doesn't really matter. "If my channels are not restored in 30 minutes, I'm calling Direct and you'll never see another dime from me."

"That's beyond my control. All I can do is send it up to my superior and they are the ones who have to make that happen."

"Well then I suggest you work quickly!"

I had my channels back in 10 minutes. Not only that, but they credited the $10 they said I still owd them from last month, knocked $10 off this month's bill, and an additional $10/month deduction for the next 10 months after that. Works for me.

I'm out of likes...

post-1374-0-98534900-1422134468.jpg

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Why is it one needs to "threaten" to get good service? I run into the same thing with SIRIUSXM. I been a subscriber for about 20 years. And each time my subscript comes up for renewal I have to "threaten" to cancel my service. Usually I talk to the "cancellation department" and it is weird, they can renew at a reduced rate. Go figure!

I used to have XM because they carried NASCAR, then I switched to Sirius when NASCAR moved to Sirius. Now it's all SiriusXM, but when I cancelled XM they sent me a new radio for free, to get me to stay. I put it in my pickup because the KW already had Sirius built in.

I used to have Dish Network in Appomattox and was going to keep it when I moved over here, but I ran into all kinds of hassles with them, one of which was that nobody I tried to talk to could speak english- at least not that I could understand. I called Directv and talked to a guy named Chris, whom I could understand fine, and had Directv in a day or two.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Like the cable/dish companies, they're still making a killing off the ones that don't complain. I called to cancel my XM after about 6 months of equipment issues. They acknowledged that none of it was my fault and quickly sent replacements, but I'd had enough. Right off the bat I was offered a new radio (car kit included), and 50% my subscription for the year. By the end of the conversation I prolly could've have had an exec position at the company if I pushed hard enough. It was too late, I signed up for Slacker Radio and iheart on my phone and haven't looked back.

Jim

i tried to cancel the home phone/internet bundle at the house a few years back, because the cable company could give me a better rate...."Jim" on the phone said "keep your service with us and we'll save you 25% for a year"......i asked what happens after a year..."it goes back to regular rates"......"so, we'll be doing this again" i said...."yes, more than likely" he responds..."You can keep throwing and shit might stick to the wall, but I'm gonna cancel my services with you"......

i wish i knew how to type an accent from Pakistan, his name likely wasn't even Jim......

Worked out great, 6 months later had to sell the house or the bank was gonna take it, and the cable company didnt have termination fees, something the phone company used and would have added to the headache/wallet ache of having to sell....

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part....

We had dish up till ten years ago when I came into the house one evening from the barn and no dinner ready. Both the wife and boy were nose deep in the tele. I walked over and disconnected it. They squawked for a couple weeks but things got better and more productive. We do watch movies on Netflix.

• Like 2

My g/f got Sirius with her new Jeep a few years ago. After 6mo of free, she went ahead with a year sub. When it came up, she mumbled around with the person on the phone. That person then said "so you want to cancel?"...in a kinda sarcastic voice. Karen then said "yes". She got transfered to another person and got it 1/2 off for a year. So she did that every year. You just need to say "cancel" and you get the royal treatment. She has finally cancelled it. I too had it for a few years, then cancelled it.

I had Dish for about 15 yrs. I finally got tired of paying for crap and cancelled it. I then turned off my home phone line so that NO ONE can call and harass me to join back up. Though I used to get fliers in the mail constantly for about a year. I don't really miss it. I just watch old reruns on antenna. Now with my smart TV, I watch Youtube videos on the big screen!

When the commercials for that stuff come on and they state you can spend $10K in 10 yrs to watch TV........it really hits home. Could you imagine maybe 30 yrs ago telling someone you would be paying $1000 a year to watch TV? Uh, the humanity.

• Like 2

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

I had Verizon and the system crapped out on me so frequently that I changed to Comcast. Eventually that crapped out too. I waited an ENTIRE Saturday for a tech to show up. The "window" was all day and I happen to have a JOB so I can't sit home all day for some guy to maybe show up. After that they had "no record" of my call or my alleged service visit. This went on for days with no sign of any fix. They lied to me multiple times and do you know that if you challenge them on stuff like that they won't even acknowledge your complaint...they just offer to set up another appointment with 4-8 hour windows when the guy might show up...or not.

So now I have DirecTV and while I get RFD which I like, the Verizon portion (yes back to them again) is slow as hell for the internet. It works for me but the kids gripe about it. The high speed Verizon "isn't available" in my home town as it is not "required" nor is it apparently cost effective for them to put it in.

They ALL suck in my mind. Who can run a business like that and stay in business other than these guys? It wouldn't be so bad if they actually did what they say they would do but that is asking way too much. Frustrating, frustrating, frustrating!!!!!

Ok, I'm done now.

I have had similar experiences most recently was with ADT, got a bill with a $10 a month increase called and asked what was going on they said rate increase, I told them that I was supposed to be locked in because it is through USAA, she asked do you dispute the charge I said yes and she said I will lower your rate for a year back to the locked in rate, I asked if I needed to call back in a year she said that's up to you.

I think company's do crap like this to see what they can get away with. I wonder how many and how much more they make by raising rates and seeing who will complain or call them on it?

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

So now I have DirecTV and while I get RFD which I like, the Verizon portion (yes back to them again) is slow as hell for the internet. It works for me but the kids gripe about it. The high speed Verizon "isn't available" in my home town as it is not "required" nor is it apparently cost effective for them to put it in.

Back in the early days we had Sprint here at work(I loved the push to talk). I used to head south of town and loose all service. I asked why...........and all they could say was the animal count was higher then human and they said no need to put up towers. Wonderful. I now have Verizon. Much better service around here. My Sprint would not work in my house. Had to go outside to make a call.

My ATT DSL got shut down in my area. I had to "upgrade" to Uverse. It is cheaper then DSL and a bit quicker. They tried to wrap me into a bundle but told them my antenna works just fine on the roof and don't need their phone service either.

Tom, if I did alot of driving, Sirius would likely be back on my list. I hate chasing radio stations, but anymore I have tons of music on my phone so I can listen to it instead.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"